2022 Draft Thread

Started by ice grillin you, February 16, 2022, 10:29:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

havent been this excited for a draft in a long time...first round is going to be so much fun with the three picks and its so dope that two of them are back to back...also eagles need edge rushers badly and this draft is pretty loaded with them...my semi hot take is i have a strong feeling for some reason they end up with malik willis in the first round

1-15, last years trade down with mia
1-16, wentz
1-19, own
2-19, own
3-19, own
4-    , own
5-    , from dc for last year 6 & 7
5-    , own
5-    , ertz
6-    , flacco pick is either
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

I know the odds of the Eagles not only keeping all three of those firsts is low, let alone drafting players that will each improve the team, but man I would really like to see it happen. I'm preparing myself for them trading back twice, but a man can dream.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

I'd love to see them make all three picks. DE, LB and CB preferably.

However I can see them trading one for a one plus more in 2023.

But Howie has probably already been on the phone offering all three to Seattle for Mr Cornier than Five, Russell Wilson.

SD

Howie was paying a lot of attention to Willis at the senior bowl. I wouldn't hate the pick but he's moving up draft boards.
https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/platform/amp/2022/2/3/22915840/eagles-news-howie-roseman-paying-particular-attention-malik-willis-quarterback-nfl-draft-senior-bowl

My 3 top priorities
DE
CB
WR

Hope they trade at least one pick for picks next year. Keep the ball rolling accumulating talent.

PhillyPhreak54

I'm not sold on Willis.

I read one report that says he does have some wow showings but he struggles with consistency. Who knows. But because this is a lousy QB draft he will be over drafted.

SD

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on February 17, 2022, 02:21:17 AM
I'm not sold on Willis.

Mid 1st round qb in a weak qb draft you shouldn't be sold on him. He's got the tools and closer to an nfl arm than Hurts. Guess they'd sell it to Hurts, the team and the fans as "we're a qb factory" bullshtein. His draft stock reminds me of Trey Lance, was seen as a mid round guy but shot up to #3 as more teams took notice.

phattymatty

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on February 17, 2022, 02:21:17 AM
I'm not sold on Willis.

I read one report that says he does have some wow showings but he struggles with consistency. Who knows. But because this is a lousy QB draft he will be over drafted.

his upside is monstrous definitely worth a shot if you have three number picks and he makes it to one of them

SD

A lot of Projected mocks Ive seen have him top 10 now so he'll probably wind up top 5

ice grillin you

yeah he had a fantastic senior bowl...he's almost certainly not making it to 15

MDS

i dont want to be a buzzkill. ok i do.

what is the point in draft talk until FA happens? why are people mocking wr's and cb's to the eagles when, if they sign one, that mock makes no sense. i know the draft industrial complex is huge and people eat this shtein up but we know how this goes and can we all just chill
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Quote from: MDS on February 17, 2022, 11:06:49 AM
i dont want to be a buzzkill. ok i do.

what is the point in draft talk until FA happens? why are people mocking wr's and cb's to the eagles when, if they sign one, that mock makes no sense. i know the draft industrial complex is huge and people eat this shtein up but we know how this goes and can we all just chill

Normal year I'd agree...year where they have 3 1sts is uncharted territory and worthy of early discussion

ice grillin you

Also FA sucks this year...there are very few players you could sign that would alter your draft strategy and the eagles aren't getting any of them

MDS

corner id agree....wide out i suspect theyll be IN on mike williams who would certainly alter

getting an established big wr to pair with devonta/quez makes a ton of sense
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

I want no part of project picks this year. It has worked exactly once for this team, and that was Mailata.

The man. The myth. The legend.