Around The NFL - 2022

Started by PhillyPhreak54, February 01, 2022, 07:05:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

The Wilson deal reeks of desperation.  He's 33 and has been battered like a fat kid playing dodge ball.

That little bit of lunacy pales in comparison to the Rodgers deal.  I hope he busts his ass on the first play from scrimmage. 

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

Seattle just released Bobby Wagner

Blowin it up

PS - would like to see him in an Eagles uni

PhillyPhreak54

Khalil Mack to the Chargers for a 2nd and 6th

SD

Get

A grand jury declined to indict Deshaun Watson following a police investigation that was sparked by lawsuits filed by 22 women accusing him of harassment and sexual assault.

Prosecutors from the district attorney's office in Harris County, Texas, presented evidence and testimony to the 12-person grand jury for over six hours on Friday related to nine of the 10 criminal complaints filed against Watson. The grand jury, which does not require a unanimous vote, rejected all nine cases; prosecutors did not present the 10th.

"It's definitely a very emotional moment for me. I know we're far from being done of handling what we need to handle on the legal side, but today is definitely a big day," Watson, speaking to reporters for the first time in over a year, said at a news conference outside his lawyer's office building. "I thank my lord and savior Jesus Christ for letting the truth be heard. And I thank everyone that was a part of this for seeing and hearing both sides. That's what my point and my team wanted to do, is have a fair slate of us telling our side of the story and letting the conclusion come to what happened today, and that's what the grand jury decided on.

"I'm just going to keep fighting to rebuild my name and rebuild my appearance in the community. And on the legal side handle what we need to handle. But also ready to get on the field, and prep for that."

A spokesman for the NFL, which is investigating Watson under its personal conduct policy, said in a statement Friday, "We have been closely monitoring all developments in the matter."

In January 2021, Watson asked the Texans to trade him because he was unhappy about the direction of the franchise.

MDS

Quote from: Rome on March 08, 2022, 07:52:01 PM
The Wilson deal reeks of desperation.  He's 33 and has been battered like a fat kid playing dodge ball.

That little bit of lunacy pales in comparison to the Rodgers deal.  I hope he busts his ass on the first play from scrimmage.

the broncos are 100% desperate but they had to do something. in the same division as mahomes and herbert. its either this or tank this year with 6 other teams and hope to get young/terrell and then hope theyre good. its the right call for their spot to take a chance.

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on March 10, 2022, 07:34:05 PM
Khalil Mack to the Chargers for a 2nd and 6th

really under the radar interesting move. new gm/coach for the bears must think theyre really far away if theyre giving up on mack for just a 2. read between the lines here and those guys probably have some doubts if not many doubts about fields and theyre asset stacking
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

MDS

lead announcers

cbs - nantz/romo
fox - burkhardt/olson
espn - buck/aikman
nbc - tirico/collinsworth
amazon - zealot al/herbie

about as crazy as its ever gotten or will get
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

And now Brady is back in T.B.

Sigh
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

Quote from: Diomedes on March 13, 2022, 07:40:23 PM
And now Brady is back in T.B.

Sigh

Hope he plays till he's 50. The sports world is a lot more interesting with him in it

MDS

its annoying but what hes doing in his mid 40s is just unheard of...hes still playing at a massively high level 10-15 years after most of his peers wash out. just insane. let it go forever. even though he said "coming back to tampa" some people arent so sure of that. hmmmmm

meanwhile cuzzo is getting $40 mil next year and another $35 guaranteed for 23. he has 1 career playoff win lmao

PhillyPhreak54

PhillyPhreak54

Brandon Scherff is signing with JAX

Trubisky with PIT

TB lost their other OG Cappa to CIN

QB Eagles

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on March 14, 2022, 01:49:51 PM
Trubisky with PIT

Maybe it's just because they made the playoffs with a shuffling corpse at QB last year but I have a weird feeling this can work decently for them.

PhillyPhreak54

Can't be any worse than Mason Rudolph, Duck Hodges or Dwayne Haskins

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on March 14, 2022, 04:13:54 PM
Can't be any worse than Mason Rudolph, Duck Hodges or Dwayne Haskins

ummmmm