Around The NFL - 2022

Started by PhillyPhreak54, February 01, 2022, 07:05:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

He's mixed?

The most dysfunctional franchise in sports has now begun negotiating with Lovie Smith to be HC. The Texans are so awful.

QB Eagles

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on February 06, 2022, 09:51:14 PM
The most dysfunctional franchise in sports has now begun negotiating with Lovie Smith to be HC. The Texans are so awful.

Bettors rejoice. You'll be able to bet against Love Smith again.

Saints job still open, but they are supposedly done with their interviews. Not an easy job. Best player on the team just arrested on a felony, salary cap room is negative a billion, following a beloved coach. Unlike the Texans at least the franchise itself is stable and professional.

Sounds like Leftwich is set to take over TB whenever Arians ducks out, seeing as how he pulled out of the interviewing process with a few teams.

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on February 06, 2022, 09:51:14 PM
He's mixed?

feels like they are buying time until they can hire mccown. so they are hiring a brotha until they can get away with it....which begs the question why fire culley in the first place if youre just gonna go with a token placeholder who is keeping most of the same staff that you supposedly had a problem with?

complete dumpster fire

feels like they dumped culley to hire mccown, got a ton of pushback and settled on lovie
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Yep that's how it is I think. If Flores doesn't file suit then McCown is the HC. But because Flores' suite put a huge spotlight on the minority coaching jobs they could f hire McCown.

Saints hired Dennis Allen

So they're all filled now yes?

QB Eagles

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on February 07, 2022, 07:17:09 PM
So they're all filled now yes?

Yeah, the Vikings dude will be official after the Super Bowl.

Texans: Culley was one and done, and the team as presently constructed stinks. Think Lovie would have to be a Freddie Kitchens level nightmare to not get two years minimum, so placeholder might be too strong a word. I don't think he's a good coach, but a guy with that much experience isn't going to shtein down his leg that badly. BOB to Culley to McCown carried a lot more risk of further franchise embarrassment, not even considering the racial angle.

MDS

pro bowl - 6.69 mil
world series - 11.7
nba finals - 9.91
cup finals - 2.41

the pro bowl was severely down from the last one, which could actually prompt some changes, but still. there ya go.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Eagaholic

I haven't given a shtein about the pro bowl for probably decades. But I got in my car and SiriusXM had it on. I was just in time to hear Stephon Diggs giving a taunting point to brother Trevon while going past him into the endzone. That might have been worth watching.

MDS

the photog lady who fell while stafford drunkenly peaced out....got a nice go fund me....good story, stafford picked up the bill...all good right nope

https://twitter.com/gunner_hanks/status/1494796318069465091

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on February 18, 2022, 06:09:06 PM
the photog lady who fell while stafford drunkenly peaced out....got a nice go fund me....good story, stafford picked up the bill...all good right nope

https://twitter.com/gunner_hanks/status/1494796318069465091

Wow.

MDS

everyone is 1 day away from being both the hero and villain on twitter dot com

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

phattymatty

that always makes me think of Ken Bone.

SD

Steelers hired Flores as a defensive assistant and LB coach.

ice grillin you

Probably a top ten coach in the league but gets to coach linebackers to make white peoples happy
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

if anybody knows who annie agar is...she does these fairly unfunny first person videos about nfl teams, but shes kinda cute and has huge tits so they get traction

anyway before getting into that, her first desperate quest for internet attention was to go full maga

https://twitter.com/JTIVHeisman/status/1495547903472922625