Philadelphia

Started by Diomedes, October 19, 2006, 12:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

We are on the way back for a quick trip to see my sis get that Temple U diploma tomorrow.

Can't wait for some cooler weather for two days

Rome

I've been reading about Philly's reassessment and whew boy.

I can't imagine the level of skullduggery involved in the process if taxes are being hiked as much as they are. 

You all should lure me back to Philly to clean that shtein up for you. 

MDS

Quote from: Rome on May 09, 2022, 08:51:33 PM
I've been reading about Philly's reassessment and whew boy.

I can't imagine the level of skullduggery involved in the process if taxes are being hiked as much as they are. 

You all should lure me back to Philly to clean that shtein up for you.

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

tl;dr Gentrification raised property values, causing a property tax hike.

The man. The myth. The legend.

MDS

my property currently has a negative balance with the city  ??? its -148. do these fargs owe my black ass money

is this normal

ive never been a sent a bill or been contacted...i thought all this crap was factored into my mortgage
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

They reassessed (revalued) all the parcels in Philly this year.  As a result of the revaluation some people are going to get blasted with higher property taxes.  Philly is a mess since they only periodically reassess properties and that leads to massive inequity in the the taxation system. 

You guys also have tax increase deferrals based on some areas too.  In order to get the impoverished areas cleared out, they have to offer incentives for builders to build and buyers to buy.  One of them was to offer lower taxes for say a decade or whatever.  When those incentives end you get farged hard by the increases. 

We have homestead caps here which limit increases in assessments to 3% per year, so once you establish your initial homestead value, your taxes pretty much stabilize going forward. 

phattymatty

Quote from: MDS on May 09, 2022, 09:11:29 PM
my property currently has a negative balance with the city  ??? its -148. do these fargs owe my black ass money

is this normal

ive never been a sent a bill or been contacted...i thought all this crap was factored into my mortgage

I got a property tax refund check this year of a few grand.  I just cashed it and didn't ask questions.  I'm sure I probably should have put that aside for when they ask for it back. 

MDS

some other guy told me the lender paid it and thats what i owe them and itll be factored into my mortgage eventually

i know all the white people are angry about this so maybe this assessments will change

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Well then. No more delicious potato rolls for me.

Add them to the list of people who won't get my money

Diomedes

We have Martins here too.  Thanks for the heads up.  I'll buy the other ones from now on.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Cousins 40th was Friday so we rented a party bus and went on the Ben Franklin yacht for a few hours. For $50 (comes with dinner) you could do worse. I thought it'd be packed but it was pretty dead. It only goes up and down the Delaware but the views of the city and Jersey are great. Drinks are very reasonably priced. Hit up Liberty point after which is the massive waterfront bar that just opened. The women there were unreal. I wish the mom Jean trend would end already.

Rome

Something named Matt Gelb has decided to come out as a misogynist douchebag on Twitter and he's getting his ass handed to him over it.

I knew Philly hacks were almost universally considered iceholes, but whew boy this guy is coming hard for the title.

https://twitter.com/JamieApody/status/1551318381189636100 20&t=dBOZN7U6zLDBRh7tQtMXZQ

MDS

talked about this in the phillies thread but this has nothing to do with gender...hes telling her im here covering the team, you sit in a studio and dont know shtein.