The Race(ism)/Hate Thread

Started by ice grillin you, May 17, 2006, 08:02:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

ATF on site, etc. 

kill the Nazis
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

ive been thinking a lot lately of how absolutely terrifying it must be to be a part of the lgtbq community and live in america right now....especially trans people...the anti trans rhetoric coming from the far right is off the charts
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

have learned my friends are in shock trauma
their neighbor also in hospital, apparently jumped out second story rear

fargin' hell
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

phattymatty

Jesus man hope they pull through. 

Diomedes

I hope so...gay couple, one older (70 something) the other younger (60something)...the elder in poor health...have heard variously "they got out" and they're "ok" but also that they are at shock trauma, which ain't good

PhillyPhreak54

WTF that is awful.

This hatred is stoked by the right and it has to stop. Even those shteinbirds who run for school boards are pushing this crap now. It is an all out assault on the LGBTQ (and basically anyone not straight and white) and I am sick of it. Why can't people just let others live their god damn lives?!

Sorry about your friends, Dio. Hopefully they can pull through ok.

MDS

anti trans (and to a lesser extent but still extent gay) rhetoric is the #1 focus of the online right...like they dont care about trump, stolen elections, gas prices, their entire focus right now is hating on trans people. theyre over all that shtein and just want to see trans people die.

this is why right wing podcasts and content is always talking about it...they know what their base wants and what their base wants is violence
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

last little update:  of the three people injured;

friend 1, 57....released from hospital, doing fine now
friend 2, 74....stable condition, no longer intubated, will be released today or tomorrow, should be okay
neighbor to friend, 30...released from hospital, doing ok  (this woman was trapped in a rear bedroom, with only a second story window as egress...a window which had an A/C unit installed with hardware, not just perched on the window stool...she had the wherewithal to dig a tool box out from under her bed and unscrew the hardware so she could kick the thing out the window, then follow her self...jumped.  Cut herself up on the fall and sprained some shtein but okay otherwise.

cops being careful not to say it was a hate crime, etc.  ATF, FBI, et al. investigating.

dead and missing cats
community is very upset....they gonna hang hundreds of pride flags, and chalk up the 'hood with pride and rainbow colors tonight..

three houses uninhabitable...two will require full gut at least...

farged up.

General_Failure

Glad to hear they're okay, at least.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

Amen. And props to the one who thought calmly and quickly to disassemble that unit and get out

Diomedes

So a couple more things:  they removed the breathing tube today, and my friend is doing better and better.  Likely to be released before Monday.

Also:  I feel compelled to say for the record that for all we know at this point...this could just be straight up arson, not necessarily domestic anti-gay terrorism.  There are a lot of facts that we don't know.  I posted in this thread because who farging cares around here, and it sure looks like a crime that was motivated by some kind of hatred for the gays...but that's a big stretch of the known facts. 

Motive is far from known.  It's wise to chill and wait for facts.

Diomedes

Everyone out of the hospital now.
There was also a dumpster set afire and a car fire nearby on the same night.  Hate crime or not, might have an arsonist on the loose.  Yay. 

PhillyPhreak54

SD

ice grillin you

QuoteCHILLING: Asked point-blank whether he would be "okay with the Supreme Court leaving the question of interracial marriage to the states," Senator Mike Braun replied in the affirmative.
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous