World (Vegas) Travel Thread

Started by hbionic, July 25, 2005, 07:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 08, 2022, 01:19:49 PM
That will be fun. I've always wanted to do a train trip around Europe. London, Madrid, Paris, Amsterdam and Rome.

My best friend is is Rome now. And caught covid.

Well, the good news is you're nearly old enough to do one of those Viking River Cruises they advertise on PBS.   You're certainly white enough. 

phattymatty

Amsterdam is probably my favorite city in the world.  Prague, Berlin, and Paris would be my other choices in Western Europe. 

London is great also, expensive as farg though.  NYC except cleaner and with better manners. 

All of Italy can suck it except by Monaco and the Riviera.  I know I'm in the minority but I just don't see the hype compared to so many other great places in Europe.  Always been my least favorite part of any Euro trips I've done.

Depends on how long you're going but a Eurorail pass is clutch.  You can basically customize one that gives you x number of legs anywhere within x number days. 

phattymatty

I am thinking about going to Vegas for summer league this year.  Been on my bucket list for ages. 

ice grillin you

I'd kill to go to Crawford Spence in Vegas...at least before I'd pay what it would cost
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Quote from: Diomedes on June 08, 2022, 01:22:24 PM
I dunno...that sounds like a grueling run.  I'd much rather just plop down in any one of those places for the entire duration, hit the same pub four or five times, spend enough time in one place to get a feel for it before jaunting off to the next spot.  It's just too much running around for my taste.

i enjoy that aspect of it...ive done a lot of roadies across the US and the act of getting from point A to B is fun

this time im training from london to amsterdam and then flying from amsterdam to rome. spending 3 days in each spot. london i made sure id hit a weekend so i could take in some football
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

phattymatty

yeah that was going to be my suggestion take in some futbol even if it's the lesser divisions.  they are fun as farg.  even though I just shtein on Italy I've been to a couple minor league games there and they are fun.

Amsterdam red light district is not as sexy as it used to be, you'll see plenty of Midwest boomer couples in fanny packs walking by, but definitely still a sight to see, especially at night.  and even if you're not into smoking lots of weed or eating mushrooms, the coffee shops are such a fun vibe. 

you should definitely eat mushrooms and randomly explore the city though. 

Diomedes

You should eat mushrooms, period.  But have a friend who ain't tripping, and who has done them before, on hand.  Really. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

phattymatty

good time to book a European trip.  euro just sank lower than the dollar for the first time in a long time, at least 20 years. 

Diomedes

My clients just left for Germany and Poland.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

if you see me, ill show you my picture of me at the colosseum wearing an eagles shirt. i am not falling for the trap at posting it here

i really loved london...the ability to subway around everywhere efficiently is something that could never happen in our 3rd whole shtein hole country. amsterdam is cool, great food, everyone speaks english. rome i think i walked 15 miles a day. i also hooked up with a 22 year old bisexual iranian girl who lives there. *pats self on back*

the traveling part was pretty brutal. first world problem i know. but like coming back from italy, it took 23ish hours and only 12 of them were in the air.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

PhillyPhreak54

How many days total were you there?

I really wanna go to Europe

MDS

left last wednesday, came back yesterday

whatever you do dont go to rome in august, man its hot. rookie mistake. a lot of restaurants i wanted to hit were closed because people just take the month off there. getting from euro city to euro city is pretty easy, if you can get 1.5-2 weeks off its very doable and not incredibly expensive

PhillyPhreak54

Geowhizzer