Zach Ertz, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by Feva, April 26, 2013, 06:47:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

https://twitter.com/ZBerm/status/1304087302948433920

It would be refreshing to read an athlete say, "I'm among the best, and I've got one more contract to get paid like it.  My team is cash strapped, and they have a great player for less money to replace me with, so I'm going to keep my chin up and do my best while I'm still here, but everyone can read the writing on the wall.  Another team will pay me what I need and life will go on."
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

His replacement is better.   Bye. 

And ftr I like Ertz.  I like his wife dirtier but he's a really good player.  He's not worth paying what he's looking for, but someone will cake him off.

PhillyPhreak54

I'm not sold on Goedert being better.

But hey we have controversy with this and the McClane piece yesterday so perfect timing going into the season

ice grillin you

gawdert is not better yet but hes also not 30 and is on a rookie deal...its a complete no brainer to let ertz walk after this year...there shouldnt be any back and forth on this amongst eagle fans and if there is its because someone gets too attached to the players
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

I'd appreciate it if all the skill players on offense were under 30 next season.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

Goedert is not better...but he isn't much worse, and he doesn't have to be better, he just has to be a starting caliber NFL TE, which we all know he is.  So, there you go. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

QB Eagles

Not only is it a good idea to let him walk, but if you're a GM there's so much uncertainty about the 2021 cap and how teams will react to it that you'd like to delay these types of decisions until they absolutely have to be made. League is entering uncharted waters here.

Ertz is a great player and could have All Pro years left in him, and the right call would still be to move on. I understand if he takes it personally but fundamentally the decision really isn't even about him or his game.

Rome

I should have said they think Goddert is a better value.  He's not better.  He's not crazy worse either.

Diomedes

Ertz to be out for 4-6 weeks, not two-to-four...

QB Eagles

Quote from: Diomedes on October 22, 2020, 10:33:29 AM
Ertz to be out for 4-6 weeks, not two-to-four...

Probably fargs unloading him before the deadline. Don't think they have any intention of him being on the team next year.

ice grillin you

he had little to no market before he got hurt

30 year old stop drop and roll catching but not playmaking TE with a thousand miles of tread on his tires and looking for a big contract

6th rounder from a contender maybe?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

He has been given permission to seek a trade.

With the Pats gobbling up the top two TEs there should be a market for him.

SD

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on March 16, 2021, 07:58:46 PM
He has been given permission to seek a trade.

With the Pats gobbling up the top two TEs there should be a market for him.

Read today...They want a 3rd or 4th for him but no ones biting. Supposedly he's pissed so they're probably settling with whatever and letting him chose to stay in his good graces.

MDS

howie tired off ertz's agent hounding him for a trade update just said farg it you do it

his agent is bout to find out nobody wants to pay his client
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

He started following the Bills on Twitter plus some bills guy heard something.