The Race(ism)/Hate Thread

Started by ice grillin you, May 17, 2006, 08:02:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Holy shtein - how is that even possible?!

Geowhizzer

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 19, 2015, 06:07:04 PM
this report that came out today is so depressing...many numbers in it but this one was particularly staggering to me

median household net worth

blacks - 6,314
whites - 110,500

Damn, I didn't realize I was black...

Seriously, though, that is one messed up statistic.  Shows there's a hell of a long way to go catching up the equality of economic opportunity in this country.

EDIT:  Do you have the source for this?  I'd be interested in reading it.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

Wealth carries from generation to generation so it really shouldn't surprise anyone that people who are largely descended from slaves have not developed much wealth in a handful of generations.  Even without Jim Crow and latent, hushed racism, they'd be way way behind, but add those and yeah, this doesn't surprise anyone, I think.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

its not so much the gap as its the fact that after all this time its getting much worse....the further we get away from our awful past the better it should be getting

ice grillin you

I hesitate putting this in this thread because it hasn't been determined whats actually happened and who did it but a black man was found hung on a tree in rural mississippi

General_Failure

Hanged. Only hbionic would want to know if he was hung or not.

The man. The myth. The legend.

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 19, 2015, 11:19:23 PM
I hesitate putting this in this thread because it hasn't been determined whats actually happened and who did it but a black man was found hung on a tree in rural mississippi

He spent 25 years in jail for murder

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 19, 2015, 11:19:23 PM

Yeah I was reading about that earlier. Terrible

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

smeags

or somebody getting their long awaited revenge.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

obama's neice who is playing for princeton right now against md was given a death threat from some maniac that he was gonna shoot her at tonights game

Seabiscuit36

'Merica

Anyone catch this weeks Vice, and the rise of militias?  I'd say 99% of the idiots they showed are racist aholes who have email strings just like the St Louis County police. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons