The Race(ism)/Hate Thread

Started by ice grillin you, May 17, 2006, 08:02:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

So I've been doing some research into the land my wife and I bought and come across articles like this in 1886.

Quote- Margaret Hindman, a well known colored woman, of this town, died very
suddenly at the home of her son on Milburn street, on Saturday afternoon
last, of heart disease.  She was 66 years of age and leaves several sons, one
of them, Perry Biddle, being only thirteen years younger than herself.  She
was raised a slave in the family of the late Mrs. Sophia Ford, in Elk Neck. 
A rumor that she was poisoned was circulated among the colored people of the
town.  There is not believed to be any foundation for this, however, and it
is suppsed to have been formed in the imagination of some ignorant negroes
who believe that all persons who died suddenly have been poisoned.

http://files.usgwarchives.net/md/cecil/newspapers/whig1886b.txt
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Diomedes

Thank God for the Sixth Massachussets
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Another white cop/black kid shooting...two miles away from Ferguson.

The news says that the kid brandished at gun at the officer

smeags

apparently there is video of the incident and the mayor of the town said this not michael brown/eric garner situation.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

PhillyPhreak54

Yep..looks like he raised up. They said the gun had filed off serial numbers too

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

PhillyPhreak54

Sgt PSN

NYPD has been up on a pedestal for like 13 years now because of 9/11 (along with every other PD in the country to a lesser extent).  What did you think would happen?  I mean, NYPD baseball hats have been somewhat of a fashion trend for well over a decade for fargs sake. They've had their egos stroked and been told over and over again that they're heroes and the bestest people ever.  Here's the thing though...a hero doesn't need to be told he's a hero....at least not excessively.  It breeds arrogance and a sense of entitlement. 

I see it with the officers in squaw's department.  Hell, I even see it a little bit with squaw since she got back into it.  Seemingly cool people until they start talking cop shtein.  Far more concerned with their safety than the safety of the community they're entrusted to protect.  They don't care about the fact that dressing like a farging SWAT team just to go out on their normal patrol makes people uncomfortable when passing them on the street.  They see it as protect themselves first, everyone else second.  Sad but true.  I dressed like these dudes every day for 17 years.  I should feel very comfortable around them, but whenever I stop by the station to say hi to squaw and drop off a cup of coffee or something, I get extremely uncomfortable seeing them dressed like that.  In the military we dress like that and have the gear because we were prepping for farging war, not to walk or drive around town for 10 hours.  And this is just some rag tag podunk department with 8 or 9 cops, so I don't even want to imagine what it's like on a large metro PD, let alone the "pig mecca" that is the NYPD. 

Rome

Thugs with badges and artillery.   Yay.

ice grillin you

between the mass militarization of the country that started after 9/11 and then the subsequent decade + years of war there is so much much excess military equipment sitting in stock yards and warehouses around the country we didn't/don't know what to do with....so we started giving it to police departments around the country....and like sarge said not just in high value targets but any rag tag dept in the country who would take it....now you have these tiny departments whose members probably weren't overly proficient and possibly undertrained even with a hand gun now have control of military equipment.....its farging scary
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Some of those who work forces... are the same that burn crosses...

Sgt PSN

Something I probably should have included......the cops in squaw's dept are, by all accounts, good cops.  These aren't people who go around bullying the public.  They all seem pretty content to work within the confines of the law, even though many of those laws makes their job harder.  Problem is they all buy into that "thin blue line" bullshtein.  None of them will ever publicly speak out against the cops who are overzealous or the ones who clearly violate the law or the ones who violate civil rights.  They won't condemn Darren Wilson or the cop who choked Eric Garner or the pig who shot up that 12 yr old kid in Cleveland.  Don't you dare cross that thin blue line.  I suspect that there's quite a few who would like to, but very rarely does someone actually have the balls to do it. 

And on the rare occasion that a cop does cross the blue line?  Well......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4OOcGfVWns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd99B_qu5aU

ice grillin you

im not even talking about bad or good cops...im talking cops who at heart are good people but range from undertrained to inexperienced to naïve to clueless to having never even had to use their handgun to now being in possession of virtual tanks and machine guns etc...
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous