The Race(ism)/Hate Thread

Started by ice grillin you, May 17, 2006, 08:02:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagles_Legendz

Actually looks like it was criminally negligent homicide instead of murder which was the other charge.  I think you could've gotten him on that too. 

Statute in NY is --
criminally negligent homicide.
  A person is guilty of criminally negligent homicide when, with
criminal negligence, he causes the death of another person.
  Criminally negligent homicide is a class E felony.

Certainly seems like this is criminal negligence.

PhillyPhreak54

The way I am understanding these Grand Jury referrals is that the prosecutors are using them as a crutch. They don't want to go out on a limb and against their police and pursue the charges so they refer to the Grand Jury and wash their hands of it in a "see we tried to indict but they said no"

PhillyPhreak54

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on December 04, 2014, 09:52:26 AM
Actually looks like it was criminally negligent homicide instead of murder which was the other charge.  I think you could've gotten him on that too. 

Statute in NY is --
criminally negligent homicide.
  A person is guilty of criminally negligent homicide when, with
criminal negligence, he causes the death of another person.
  Criminally negligent homicide is a class E felony.

Certainly seems like this is criminal negligence.
Wow, so they did screw that up bad.  They keep referencing how there was so much more evidence than just the public video. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

smeags

Quote from: SD on December 03, 2014, 11:09:07 PM

How hard would it have been for one officer to write this guy a ticket and be about his merry way? Instead half the force is there and they kill the poor guy using excessive force.

exactly - this was over the tax man not geetting the $,.25 cut from this guy selling single cigs. really ? thats so important that four-five undercover cops felt the need to farg with this guy ? nothing else going on in NYC ?
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

smeags

Seabiscuit36

Not often I agree with O'Reilly.  Tavis was a bit over the top with the"Open Hunting Season" remark.  To me this is a case of overzealous officer using a barred technique, and a total failure of the GrandJury process until they release what caused the jury to come to that conclusion.  Do i think if Eric Gardner was a whiteman they would attempt to talk him down further.  Without a doubt.  Do I think the officer intended to kill him, certainly not. 

No one should die for selling cigarettes.  Blame the city for making cigarettes 15 bucks a pack while we're pointing fingers. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

the cigarette part of it is irrelevant...it could have been a nickel bag of funk...it could have been some fake gucci purses...farg he could have been loitering....this is way bigger than a cigarette tax

im not trying to pick on you sb cause so many people have been saying it but the line "no one should die for selling cigarettes" insinuates that maybe if it was a little more...something like shoplifting then it wouldnt have been as bad a murder
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Eagles_Legendz

The cigarette tax argument made by Rand Paul and others is a red herring and distracting from the real issue. 

If you want to say that the government shouldn't have tedious laws like this because it provides more incentive for police to overreach, fine.  But that's completely distracting away from the real issue. 

This could have been any nonviolent crime and it would've been wildly inappropriate to do what the officer did. 

smeags

i could care less about a debate on the cig tax, thats not the point of bringing it up. i know it is with some though and yes that is a distraction.  to me it points out how bad the situation is that the cops would even bother gardner whether it was over cigs, a parking ticket or jaywalking. the circumstances that led up to gardners death are so over the top.

like SD said, write the citation and move along. everyone goes home to their families.

Eagles_Legendz

No, I know that, I'm just saying it's being used by people on the right to spend time to talk about the largess of government, which really is immaterial to both the tragedy of this situation and the larger systemic problems regarding minorities and police mistreatment.

smeags

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on December 04, 2014, 12:58:27 PM
No, I know that, I'm just saying it's being used by people on the right to spend time to talk about the largess of government, which really is immaterial to both the tragedy of this situation and the larger systemic problems regarding minorities and police mistreatment.

yeah i agree 100% with that.

the one has me burned up more than anything before including the brown case. how the farg was there no indictment ? how can you expect people to trust authority when this keeps happening ?

Rome

Another young black man was killed in cold blood by the pigs.

America shrugs...