The Race(ism)/Hate Thread

Started by ice grillin you, May 17, 2006, 08:02:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

at city hall tonight they had a tree lighting deal with little kids singing christmas songs and shtein

also at the same time there was an anti-cop protest with 3 dudes blasting the siren on the megaphone nonstop....someone wrote "AmeriKKKa" on the flag....black lives matters signs....the whole deal.

nothing says farg the police quite like sounding some 13 year old singing holy night
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Eagles_Legendz

I was on record saying I didn't know that there was enough to indict Wilson, but from what I've seen the lack of indictment in this NY case is disgraceful.

PhillyPhreak54

PhillyPhreak54

http://m.nydailynews.com/opinion/harry-siegel-lonesome-death-eric-garner-article-1.2032281?cid=bitly

On video

Ruled a farging homicide

Totally ok in the eyes of justice to choke someone out. With a maneuver outlawed by the department.

For an offense akin to getting pulled over for rolling a stop sign.

farg the secrecy of the grand jury and the manipulative fashion in which prosecutors use them. They should be ashamed of themselves and appalled that they let an officer get away with killing another person.

Please, federal justice system, do the right thing and prosecute this guy.

Eagles_Legendz

The people who respond in comments to just obey the police and this wouldn't have happened farging infuriate me. 

Committing a crime does not allow the police to issue a death sentence.  It's not, obey the police or be shot.  They can only use deadly force if you possess a legitimate risk of serious harm to them, or if you just committed/are committing/or are about to commit a violent felony and are attempting to evade arrest. 

Selling cigarettes does not quite qualify as a violent felony.

PhillyPhreak54

Pretty much.

And I'm pretty damn sure that selling smokes on the corner doesn't meet the criteria for use of deadly force. And for arguments same let's said he was resisting, which he wasn't, that also doesn't mean an officer can use deadly force.

SD

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on December 03, 2014, 10:45:28 PM
The people who respond in comments to just obey the police and this wouldn't have happened farging infuriate me. 

Same...I have respect for Cops because it's a zesty farging job and they have to put up with a lot of bullshtein...but that doesn't mean they can do whatever the farg they want. Their biggest problem is they get pissy when someone doesn't want to obey their every command. The general public needs to educate itself better on their rights, and Cops need to be re-educated on the limits of the law.

How hard would it have been for one officer to write this guy a ticket and be about his merry way? Instead half the force is there and they kill the poor guy using excessive force. 

PhillyPhreak54

Many times the cops escalate the situations becUse of their ego and power trips. Like you said they cannot stand when someone doesn't do what they say when they say.

Think back to those videos where the dashcams show some officer berating a grandma on the side of a highway because she didn't pull over quick enough. Or when video shows them pepper spraying a person or group because they believed they needed to and all that happened was the person didn't immediately comply.

They have a tough job. And they're making it harder on themselves with incidences like this. The scumbags and iceholes are ruining it.

QB Eagles

It's not an easy job, but nothing about that job ever requires being a fleshpop.

Seabiscuit36

Legendz, I'm guessing the case presented was based on the proper use of the chokehold, vs whether it was right to apply it.  Based on that, they're right, textbook maneuver.  But whether it was warranted, total BS. 

On another note, It was pretty obvious the cop would be a small Italian dude.  Found a picture of his grandfather
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

General_Failure

New high school course: 'How to deal with cops'

QuoteBut some law enforcement experts say the NYCLU is going beyond civics lessons and doling out criminal-defense advice.

Eugene O'Donnell, a former police officer and professor at John Jay College of Criminal Justice, said the literature implies cops are "public enemy No. 1."

"It's unlikely that a high school student would come away with any other conclusion than the police are a fearful group to be avoided at all costs," he said.

Ed Mullins, president of the Sergeants Benevolent Association, said, "Education is the key, but are Civil Liberties going in with an agenda or to educate? I think we deserve equal time and should have the opportunity to follow up with the same platform to explain exactly what police do and what we think is the best way to deal with the police."

The man. The myth. The legend.

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on December 04, 2014, 08:09:13 AM
Legendz, I'm guessing the case presented was based on the proper use of the chokehold, vs whether it was right to apply it.  Based on that, they're right, textbook maneuver.  But whether it was warranted, total BS. 

On another note, It was pretty obvious the cop would be a small Italian dude.  Found a picture of his grandfather

Sure, it's not the same as shooting him, which is why a murder charge probably wouldn't have gone anywhere (you're missing the intent element), but it looks to me like you definitely could've gotten a conviction on reckless endangerment or involuntary manslaughter, especially when you consider the chokehold is supposedly not permitted by the NYPD.

Seabiscuit36

I guess I missed a good portion of this one, because I thought the Indictment was if he murdered him.  Was the indictment just to proceed?  And are Grand Jury's commonplace when it comes to police involved death?  Seems like the DA in both the Ferguson and NY case were worried about putting their name on hotbutton decisions. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Eagles_Legendz

I don't have experience enough to know whether they're commonplace.  I do know that they're not a death knell to the case, so the prosecutor could still move forward in theory even absent a GJ indictment.

I believe from what I've seen the grand jury could've brought back a charge for murder, reckless endangerment, or involuntary manslaughter, and instead failed to indict.  I understand not indicting on murder because you'd have to find that he intended to kill the man (which he probably didn't) but there certainly seems enough to me to at the very least charge him with something like involuntary manslaughter.