PhillyPhreak54

At first I thought Havas' post said

"got my spic newsletter..."

And I was like "ummmm what?"

Then I realized it was a lowercase l

I need my contacts in and sleep outta my eyes

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on May 10, 2014, 11:49:40 AM
Also, I'd love to live in Maine if their winters weren't so Canadian.

i couldnt live there cause theres no pro sports and its to rural but its unbelievably nice...I vacationed there a few years ago and am going back next fall or spring
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

Hey, they've got the Patriots. Maine counts as part of New England.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

Before it was a state of it's own, Maine was part of Massachusetts.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

Quote from: Diomedes on May 10, 2014, 01:15:47 PM
Before it was a state of it's own, Maine was part of Massachusetts.

thumbs up
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

and before whitey came, it was heaven on earth
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Seabiscuit36

Northern Maine hates Miceholes more than any of us could fathom.  They also hate canadians for buying all of their chicken and milk on weekends. 

Northern Maine is odd, they love for you to spend money so long as you leave.  Locals all seemingly liked my inlaws for the previous 20 years they owned land or a cabin.  The second that their dream cabin was under construction, they had nothing but issues from local govts, disproportionate tax increases, and insurance/building code requirements that amounted to nothing more than a money grab.  There is still two feet of snow in the driveway of their place. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Munson

Planning a cross country roadtrip at some point in the next 3 years, and northern Maine and/or just the wilderness of Maine is something I want to do if we end up including New England in that trip, or will otherwise do if we decide to do New England on it's own at a different time. Camp in a state park somewhere in the woods of northern Maine and hope to see some Moose.

I wanted to get to the furthest point north in Maine just to say I was at the furthest point north on the East Coast, but that would be a little time consuming. Definitely planning on hitting Quoddy Head Light House. Heard great things about Acadia too.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Geowhizzer

Heading to Mt. Katahdin this summer.  Spend some time at the lake, being not hot for a change.

Freakin' Florida.

Seabiscuit36

Katahdin is beautiful, and Baxter is just off the hook.  Only problem Geo, Global Warming has increased northern maine's summer from one to two weeks above 90degrees. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Diomedes

Yeah, and Maryland from four to ten.

Drive that hummer, SD.  It's your right.

SD

I drive a Jeep Grand Cherokee, tree hugger

Diomedes

General_Failure

So you're a climate change denier and a woman hater, and also a racist and a fan of super ugly cars. Is there no end to your villainy?

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

At least he doesn't drive a Pontiac Aztek or something like that