ice grillin you

yeah it is nothing

also there wasnt near 800 people there
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

wait is florida still segregated?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: MDS on August 22, 2013, 04:04:03 PM
wait is florida still segregated?

My school district was under a court-managed desegregation plan until just about 10 years ago.

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 22, 2013, 03:52:09 PM
yeah it is nothing

also there wasnt near 800 people there

according to the article, there was.  according to sunny's account of the article, there was.   

MDS

a couple hundred rowdy negros = 800

it was too dark for white Appalachia to take. these are the same people that liked the rodeo clown with the cartoon obama mask. parts of america still long for jim crow. amazing. on to the next day
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SunMo

that's an extreme characterization.  it's a liberal area...just scared suburban people
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

MDS

so the area where they call the police when black people have a pool party = liberal area?

Rome

so were 800 people at this shindig as the article suggested or was it much fewer as has been suggested by igy & mds?

seriously, i'm asking.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: SunMo on August 22, 2013, 07:23:49 PM
that's an extreme characterization.  it's a liberal area...just scared suburban people

Todd extreme?  NEVER!

MDS

Quote from: Rome on August 22, 2013, 07:39:23 PM
so were 800 people at this shindig as the article suggested or was it much fewer as has been suggested by igy & mds?

seriously, i'm asking.

800 is such a random number...i have no clue how they came up with it or did a headcount

it was probably a lot, more than "capacity," but these types of things are always overblown by the media. next week itll be reported as 1000 then in 10 years itll be 5000.

General_Failure

What will you tell your grandkids about the Public Pool Riots?

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

there possibly was 800 thruout the night i suppose but def not at one time....in the video they showed there might have been a couple hundred tops

i cant believe they want the council chairman to resign over it...when one of their kids has a party with alcohol do they have to resign as parents??....these are they exact same people who go crazy when they watch the news and black people are wildin out....they are all out of control animals....this is why they cant have things like big get togethers....so this time they have a big pool party by all accounts not a single thing happened....yet they are having town hall meetings over it?

basically the town folk would have rather had this party been an ok corral type shootout at the west philly Y than they would a peaceful pool party in perkasie

SunMo

the people are absolutely overreacting.  they talk about participants urinating in their yards, and trash left on the streets and on the their properties.  the dumb part is, that while perkasie is a nice town in areas, the areas by the pool are a lot of lower income apartment housing that isn't the greatest area in the world.

i'd be willing to bet that at least half of the people complaining weren't close to the area, and are bored housewives who see a local cause to take up.

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

General_Failure

Creator of GhettoTracker.com Surprised by All the "Negative Baggage"

QuoteBut the racist and classist implications of the site were lost on its creator. Yesterday afternoon, he relaunched GhettoTracker as "Good Part of Town," and shuffled the deck of stock photos to include Black and Latino families, as if that made it better. The Twitter and Facebook accounts for GhettoTracker have also been deleted. Although not before someone screengrabbed GhettoTracker sharing an article about "ghetto booty" on Facebook.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

riley cooper and cary williams brawled today at practice and williams had to be held back from continuing to follow and hunt down cooper