The Race(ism)/Hate Thread

Started by ice grillin you, May 17, 2006, 08:02:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

We need to see more stories like this.

Impressive kid.  And that little girl is damn lucky.  And the guy in the car needs to have his testicles removed in the most excruciating way possible and then forced to eat them cooked with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on July 14, 2013, 02:29:32 PM
Dio is right in one aspect... the prosecution failed to make its case.   Not shocking because the burden of proof lies with them, but still, they were pimp-slapped by the defense.  The jury really had no choice but to find him not guilty even though he was 100% at fault.  All he had to do was get his fat ass back in the truck and let the pigs handle it.  He didn't and another black child is dead.

i agree with this if you are talking murder....its hard to prove what his intention was...even tho he said that night "they arent going to get away with this again" and stalked trayvon.....but as far as manslaughter goes there was way more than enough for that conviction
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Geowhizzer

Apparently at least six women in Florida disagreed with you on that assertion.

ice grillin you

five of whom were white

again if a black kid had done the shooting im pretty sure they would have found a way to push aside their reasonable doubt

Rome

We play golf with a shyster and he called it yesterday on the course.  He said no farging way he's convicted with what they had.  He also said the prosecution royally effed up but that happens all the time.  This guy is a real estate lawyer, though, not a trial guy.

General_Failure

Quote from: Geowhizzer on July 14, 2013, 02:10:14 PM
Zimmerman will have to live with his actions for the rest of his life.

:-D Yeah, so about George Zimmerman. I don't like putting my opinion out on political stuff, but I'm willing to admit I don't think highly of wife-beating cousin rapers, and I don't think he'll lose one minute of sleep over killing a kid.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: General_Failure on July 14, 2013, 03:20:54 PM
Quote from: Geowhizzer on July 14, 2013, 02:10:14 PM
Zimmerman will have to live with his actions for the rest of his life.

:-D Yeah, so about George Zimmerman. I don't like putting my opinion out on political stuff, but I'm willing to admit I don't think highly of wife-beating cousin rapers, and I don't think he'll lose one minute of sleep over killing a kid.

Probably right. 

MDS

he got one

that was the goal all along...they always get away. but this one didnt because someone stepped up.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Diomedes on July 14, 2013, 09:46:10 AM
Reality check folks.

The jury decided properly.  There was no case against Zimmerman.  The prosecution offered some circumstantial evidence and that's about it.  The standard to convict is exceptionally high, as it should be, and I commend the jury for hewing to the law.

Obviously, Zimmerman is a terrible person, but that's neither here nor there.  According to the law and the available evidence, the man is not guilty.  Deal with it.

I agree with this.  The problem is that the prosecution went for manslaughter instead of involuntary manslaughter.  Manslaughter can be simply defined as "The unjustifiable, inexcusable, and intentional killing of a human being without deliberation, premeditation, and malice."

Intentional is the key here because in order to get a manslaughter conviction you have to be able to prove intent.  As much of a scum bag as I think Zimmerman is, there simply wasn't anywhere near enough evidence to convince me that he had any intentions of actually killing Martin. 

Involuntary Manslaughter would have been the more winnable case and probably the most justified charge to take into court.  Problem is that in Florida, IM comes with an 18 month max penalty, and if convicted, Zimmerman would be free within a few months once you factor in time served, not to mention that I don't even know if he'd receive the maximum punishment.  So you'd have this big public spectacle of a trial and finish up with maybe a 3-6 months sentence?  The prosecution would actually have come off looking dumber than they already do, the "punishment" would be a slap in the face and would probably incite more riots and civil unrest than came with the not guilty verdict. 

SD

QuotePresident Barack Obama released a statement a day after the verdict in the George Zimmerman trial, saying the "death of Trayvon Martin was a tragedy. Not just for his family, or for any one community, but for America. I know this case has elicited strong passions. And in the wake of the verdict, I know those passions may be running even higher. But we are a nation of laws, and a jury has spoken. I now ask every American to respect the call for calm reflection from two parents who lost their young son.

ice grillin you

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

George Zimmerman to Get His Gun Back

QuoteGeorge Zimmerman will get his gun back now that he has been cleared of murder and his lawyer said today that Zimmerman needs the weapon "even more" than before.

Zimmerman's lawyer Mark O'Mara also practically dared the family of Trayvon Martin to file a widely expected civil suit against him, but said that Zimmerman might be filing lawsuits of his own.

O'Mara, in an exclusive interview with ABC News, suggested that Zimmerman has no regrets about carrying a gun on Feb. 26, 2012, the night he killed Martin, a teenager.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Geowhizzer

No legal reason not to.  He's been cleared of the crime.

Zimmerman's legal team may want to tone down the rhetoric, though.  It's a lot easier to win a civil suit than it is a criminal one.