The Race(ism)/Hate Thread

Started by ice grillin you, May 17, 2006, 08:02:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

From Wikipedia:

QuoteHis grandfather was the son of a Lebanese immigrant.

So he's about one-fourth Lebanese.

BTW, I've seen nothing about Flutie's religious beliefs in my brief research.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Eagaholic on July 12, 2013, 01:18:09 PM
The article did state earlier on that he is Muslim, but it is true that not all Arabs are Muslim. In fact most in the west don't realize not all Palestinians are Muslim. Very good piece though, assuming everything is accurate.

Just re-read the article, and see nothing that says Flutie is Muslim.  Here's the only paragraph that Flutie's name appears in:

QuoteThere is nothing more mainstream in American culture than sports. Of course Arab and Muslim Americans have been making their mark on sports for decades. Muhammad Ali and Kareem Abdul Jabbar were Americans who embraced Islam and revolutionized their respective sports, helping to introduce a religion that was foreign to the average American. Doug Flutie, of Boston College-Hail Mary fame, is an Arab American who left an indelible mark on college football. A young cadre of Arab-American stars are also rising in the NHL (yes, Arabs on Ice!), including Nazem Kadri of the Maple Leafs, Justin Abdelkader of Detroit and newly minted Stanly Cup Champion Brandon Saad of the Chicago Blackhawks.

Unless in my tiredness from driving down the coast I am completely lacking in reading comprehension, I still see nothing that actually ties in Flutie to the Islamic faith, but just referring to his "Arab" (in Flutie's case, Lebanese) heritage.  This, in my estimation (warning:  this is my speculation) actually suggests that Flutie is NOT Muslim.  It seems to me that if the author had any knowledge of Flutie being Islamic, he would have stated it in the article, as it would have helped his case.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Eagaholic

Sorry Geo, I misunderstood - I thought you were talking about Aboushi, not Flutie being Muslim. I also doubt Flutie was Muslim or he wouldn't have beat Miami with a hail mary. 

MDS

so just to clear this up doug flutie was one of the hijackers on 9/11?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Eagaholic on July 12, 2013, 06:51:02 PM
Sorry Geo, I misunderstood - I thought you were talking about Aboushi, not Flutie being Muslim. I also doubt Flutie was Muslim or he wouldn't have beat Miami with a hail mary.

Ahh, good.  I thought maybe I was losing it!   

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on July 12, 2013, 07:11:25 PM
so just to clear this up doug flutie was one of the hijackers on 9/11?

i dont know about that but hes definitely muslim

Sgt PSN

Flutie went to BC, I think this makes him the obvious mastermind behind the Marathon Bombing. 

MDS

well he definitely did terrorize the miami hurricanes #gfjoke

ice grillin you

ice grillin you

SD

ice grillin you

if your skin is dark in this country you dont matter as much....simple as that

MDS

can we push florida into the atlantic?