The Race(ism)/Hate Thread

Started by ice grillin you, May 17, 2006, 08:02:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 17, 2015, 11:37:31 AM
your peoples sb?

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/06/adults-taunt-girl-scouts-with-racist-insults-for-speaking-out-against-animal-abuse-at-maryland-public-meeting/
Yup, went to private school with one of the people there since 2nd grade.  She's always been batshtein crazy for animal shelters, and not the least bit racist.  Evidently there's video of it starting in the county admin lobby, and it was the Girl Scouts and their leaders going off.  I'd be pissed if my kid was taken there and used as a pawn in that scout leaders game to get the county contract.  Cecil being Cecil. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

let us count the ways

he told the victims that the black man was raping his women and needed to go

he was a the south will rise again guy who was obsessed with the civil war

he recently had been going off about Trayvon martin and that blacks were trying to take over the world

was rocking racist Rhodesian and south african flags on his facebook page

so what have the gop/right wingers done all day?....tried to frame it as a hate crime against christians....tried to blame it on mental disease...tried to blame the victims for not being armed themselves....defended the confederate flag
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Yep and sadly none of us should be shocked that their responses were like that.

I mean when the Newtown shooting took place...when kids were executed...it was the same thing. People even try to deny it happened.

Jon Stewart was on point tonight.

I'm disgusted by the gun violence and the adamant defense put up by people who refuse to strengthen the laws.

what will it take for this to get fixed?

General_Failure

Two or more gunmen at Harvard, probably.

The man. The myth. The legend.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

smeags

QuoteDylann Roof confessed to authorities to shooting and killing nine people this week at a historically black Charleston, South Carolina, church, two law enforcement officials said. One of the officials said that Roof, who is white, told investigators that he wanted to start a race war.

Roof himself bought the .45-caliber handgun used in the shooting at a Charleston gun store, officials said.

do not sentence this POS to death. let him in general pop.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

hunt

general question...do you think race relations in the US have worsened since obama was selected?  sort of a backlash effect?

lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

SD

For the paranoid redneck gop loons yes. As for the rest of the country I'd say it's about the same

ice grillin you

Quote from: hunt on June 19, 2015, 09:11:12 AM
general question...do you think race relations in the US have worsened since obama was selected?  sort of a backlash effect?

all MA has talked about for the last eight is hoe they have lost their country...super pro  military Texas accused Obama of invading their state last month when the military started conducting military exercises...hate groups have grown by like 400% since he was elected

hunt

Quote from: SD on June 19, 2015, 09:20:03 AM
For the paranoid redneck gop loons yes. As for the rest of the country I'd say it's about the same

yeah, that's how i see it too.  so much hatred from those crazies...worse than i've ever seen before.
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

ice grillin you

trying to marginalize the hate is what the republicans do...don't fall into their trap...it's acting members of congress its state governors iits presidential candidates its state reps its national TV hosts its regular people on Facebook and most of all its the base constituency of the Republican Party

don't think it's simply some looney militia members in the upper peninsula of Michigan

Seabiscuit36

Definitely for the Fox news crowd.  You've also had some very polarizing cases Trayvon Martin, Mike Brown, Eric Gardner, Freddie Gray.  The latter 3 which resulted in eventual riot like situations.  You also have the social media and internet age which puts everyone's awful views right out there for all to see.  In the end I blame all media on the Left and Right.  Outside of Al Jazeera and Vice which imo try to tell the real story, the news the everyday American is exposed to is nothing more than sensationalist shteinburgers.  Based off Facebook alone and the viral vitriolic hate articles which are funded by groups on either side, I'm not exactly living in a state of bliss. 

Everything still has that feel that it's going to get a whole lot worse before it gets better. 

And I totally agree with IGY and the fact that the representation in both congress and the senate by Republicans is nauseating. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons