The Race(ism)/Hate Thread

Started by ice grillin you, May 17, 2006, 08:02:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Just find a pic of the empty wig store or the sporting goods store where everything was taken...

What Barry said was spot on. Even with all this going on the cops still haven't said anything about the incident other than talking out of both sides of their mouth. Police departments should know by now when you have an incident like that going behind that wall of silence is not the way to handle it

rjs246

Quote from: SD on April 28, 2015, 02:56:18 PM
The hard work needs to come from the poor communities.

By extension you seem to be saying that poor communities don't do hard work. That they laze about and are fully responsible for their own situation. Which by extension means that nothing really needs to be done other than poor people deciding not to be poor any more. How convenient for the rest of us.

Rioting and looting are not acceptable, and I'm not trying to say that they are. But to simply point a finger at the communities involved in a vacuum is ridiculous and simplistic. There are reasons that communities lash out when shtein like this happens and those reasons are legit.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

phillycrew

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 28, 2015, 07:53:03 AM
Your national guard ain't hard....you had to get Rodney to stop me or else we would a tire this motherfarger up

Bring it WEGRO.  Find out what the NG brought back from Iraq and Afghanistan.

General_Failure

Quote from: phillycrew on April 28, 2015, 04:14:58 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 28, 2015, 07:53:03 AM
Your national guard ain't hard....you had to get Rodney to stop me or else we would a tire this motherfarger up

Bring it WEGRO.  Find out what the NG brought back from Iraq and Afghanistan.

Opium and herpes?

The man. The myth. The legend.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: rjs246 on April 28, 2015, 03:14:25 PM
Dude is carrying diapers. Try again. Harder this time.
It's a jumbo container of tampons.  Shopping for your ladyfriend sucks
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

rjs246

You might be right. Lucky bastich didn't even have to go through the process of trying to avoid eye-contact with the smirking ass working the register.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: rjs246 on April 28, 2015, 04:51:08 PM
You might be right. Lucky bastich didn't even have to go through the process of trying to avoid eye-contact with the smirking ass working the register.
I would loot every time rather than go thru that awkwardness.  Brilliant!
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

no one is defending every single act that occurs during an unrest...it's not pretty shtein...but if you see what went on yesterday and instead of empathy your first thought is to post a picture of a young black guy stealing some diapers then you probably have a tad to much darkness in your soul
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

Yeah but look at these fargin' animals.

Don Ho

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on April 28, 2015, 04:47:40 PM
Quote from: rjs246 on April 28, 2015, 03:14:25 PM
Dude is carrying diapers. Try again. Harder this time.
It's a jumbo container of tampons.  Shopping for your ladyfriend sucks

:-D  "I need a sales clerk from the feminine hygiene section. Price check on Bonus pack of Tampax"
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: General_Failure on April 28, 2015, 06:03:39 PM
Yeah but look at these fargin' animals.

White people smh

Get free beer and they still choose Budweiser!

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

General_Failure

hunt

so "thug" is equivalent to calling someone the "n word"...that's what i'm hearing from some folks.  how do a group of white, overly sensitive hippies feel about that??? 
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

Zanshin

These aren't waters I generally wade into, because I'm reasonably sure we're not going to solve the problem on a quiet football message board...but why not, right?

Protesting about injustice: cool. Looting and beatings: not cool. And I say that regardless of color or any other differentiator. Especially when it plays into stereotypes. You can't changes minds and have people take you seriously while reinforcing negative stereotypes. I get that kids do stupid shtein, but if I were a leader in the community that's being somehow oppressed, I'd be farging outraged-- kids, you're not helping.

Disenfranchisement and frustration doesn't have to mean doing clearly the wrong thing.