The Race(ism)/Hate Thread

Started by ice grillin you, May 17, 2006, 08:02:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Hundreds of black men killed (by black men) each year in Baltimore alone....not a peep from the community.  The mother or the pastor, or whoever, is quoted "when will the madness stop?," if the murder even garners an article at all.  Maybe some soggy teddy bears on light posts and then, business as usual.  Which means, more shooting.

No mass marches on City Hall.  No blocked traffic downtown.  No sexy hashtags. 

One black dude killed by cops (maybe):   "BLACK LIVES MATTER!"

lol, okay.

It's just like the N word:

Black folk can kill each other all day long, but if a cop/whitey kills one....block the intersections!!
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

hbionic

Sure, everyone knows you can't be white and be a black killer...but maybe you can be a killah? or Killuh? or Killa?
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

ice grillin you

Quote from: Diomedes on April 24, 2015, 09:59:13 PM
Hundreds of black men killed (by black men) each year in Baltimore alone....not a peep from the community.  The mother or the pastor, or whoever, is quoted "when will the madness stop?," if the murder even garners an article at all.  Maybe some soggy teddy bears on light posts and then, business as usual.  Which means, more shooting.

lol, okay.

Black folk can kill each other all day long, but if a cop/whitey kills one....block the intersections!!

lol @ cops killing just one black person...happens on the regular...not to mention the daily oppresion that goes on in black neighborhoods...

the systematic slavery in inner cities...no jobs...etc.....let a couple white kids in the suburbs OD on molly and its a national disgrace....imagine an open air molly corner near a cul de sac....never happen

black communities constantly are holding community meetings and organizing to stop the violence....but your white news doesnt cover that...they only cover the "mobs" of "animals" protesting the cops....cops who are piling on what is already an untenable situation these communties are put in....why the farg would they shut an intersection down over a black on black killing....it would give creedence to people like you who wanna blame the victims..."see even their own kind know what savages they are" is what youd hear from crackers if they did that

the fact that you think this all stems from "one" black guy killed by the cops is amazing to me....you probably also think the la riots were because of rodney king

you are better than this Dio.....i think
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

I chuckled at a "Molly corner".

I pictured a couple dude bros hanging out in tank tops and flip flops with a Beemer parked close by while they sell Molly

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: Diomedes on April 24, 2015, 09:59:13 PM

lol, okay.

I understand what you're saying re:outrage, but one is controllable (in theory) and one isn't.  Mass protests aren't going to stop illicit activity.  Are protests in the streets going to stop a busted drug deal which results in a body from happening?  I don't see how it would have any real impact.  And this is of course ignoring the fact that what you're talking about is less of a racial issue and more of a poverty issue.  What it should read, IMO, is poor person kills poor person and not black male kills black male.  You put dirt poor white people in the inner city in such large percentages, with the same resources for schools etc and the same chance to 'escape' and I feel confident you would end up with the same murder rates.   What you don't need is the police, who are supposed to be there to protect and serve, exacerbating the situation. 

I think most police are good people (like any other profession) but a lot of the numbers are abominable when you really dig into targeting communities, incarceration rates, etc.  As an example...

"Nearly 20 percent of whites have used cocaine, compared with 10 percent of blacks and Latinos, according to a 2011 survey from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration -- the most recent data available.

Higher percentages of whites have also tried hallucinogens, marijuana, pain relievers like OxyContin, and stimulants like methamphetamine, according to the survey. Crack is more popular among blacks than whites, but not by much.

Still, blacks are arrested for drug possession more than three times as often as whites, according to a 2009 report from the advocacy group Human Rights Watch.

Of the 225,242 people who were serving time in state prisons for drug offenses in 2011, blacks made up 45 percent and whites comprised just 30 percent, according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics."   

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/17/racial-disparity-drug-use_n_3941346.html

And that's not even getting into the disproportionate racial character of things like stop and frisk, and the crazy sentencing disparity which existed forever between crack and powdered cocaine used to insulate rich white people from significant jail time.  A lot of the anger in these communities, to me, is more about the societal structure and criminal justice system taking a shtein on black people and less about the one person who is killed.  The death is just symbolic of the larger problem.

Diomedes

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on April 25, 2015, 11:14:56 AMI understand what you're saying re:outrage, but one is controllable (in theory) and one isn't.  Mass protests aren't going to stop illicit activity.  Are protests in the streets going to stop a busted drug deal which results in a body from happening?  I don't see how it would have any real impact.

It's a valid distinction.  Clearly, police misconduct should not be accepted.  And it is, I think, actually somewhat controllable, whereas the behavior of citizens is clearly not controllable.

I don't accept the disparity in reaction however.  On the one hand you've got a farging holocaust and on the other, by comparison, a few unjust killings.  The fact that the latter garners mass action on a "shut this city down" scale, while the much greater problem garners no mass action at all is troubling.

Most of the folks taking action today don't give a shtein about black lives, or at least no more than most who stayed at home.  They care about joining in and being a part of something, get some selfies from the big show, etc.   

I've marched enough to know that most of these things are utter bullshtein.

What good did it do us to march for Sean Bell?  I was there.  Nothing.  Cops still killing.  Cops gonna keep killing too.   And by the numbers, they aren't the problem. 

We are.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

https://twitter.com/pzfeed/status/592115307675811842

Baltimore is getting rather violent in the protests.

Cop cars getting smashed and now fights and destruction of stores. Also saw a vid of people trying to light a flag on fire

Diomedes

How pissed are the gang leaders for this charade that Nepal has stolen the media spotlight? 

Dumb motherfargers.

PhillyPhreak54

Fans are being told to stay in the ballpark until further notice because of the protests

Wonder how long they'll make them stay? Better hope the game goes 18 innings to keep people from getting frustrated

PhillyPhreak54

Diomedes

PhillyPhreak54

They let the fans out of Camden Yards...

I'm all for protesting but the destruction of property is stupid and counterproductive

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Ummm ok?

Is it ok to destroy property?