The Race(ism)/Hate Thread

Started by ice grillin you, May 17, 2006, 08:02:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

What will they spend that $842k on?

KKK membership fees?
Truck nuts and confederate flags?

Diomedes

Today is the 150th anniversary of the end of the Civil War.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Wow - that's insane.

I remember reading somewhere about the fines and how a simple $100 ticket can roll into a huge expense in the thousands.

What's even worse is no one will step up to fix it. Its articles like this that need to be shoved down the throat of people who dismiss the fact that racism is still very prominent in society.

ice grillin you

the article is meticulously written and backed up with facts....unlike right wing propaganda that is pure bullshtein

PhillyPhreak54

Absolutely.

Why doesn't the DOJ come in and clean that shtein up?

ice grillin you

they are trying....no one knew about it until after ferguson....so we are in the beginning stages of changes being made....it will take time....article mentions that small strides have been made....obviously lot more needs to be done

PhillyPhreak54

Does SPLC operate there?

Or is there an organization that we can donate to so the lawyers can rep more people? Maybe that Arch place they mentioned in the article?

ice grillin you

splc doesn't really operate on a scale that massive....what they would do if they deem it possible is bring a lawsuit against the federal government....they don't have the man power to represent that many individual citation type crimes

or one thing they might do is take an individual case where the ultimate goal is to change laws....not sure if that is applicable in the case of st louis....what they aren't going to do is try and help someone pay off twelve hundred dollars of traffic violations

PhillyPhreak54

Well yeah I wouldn't expect them to just pay the fines off but something like you mentioned where they take a couple more of the higher fine ones and use them as an example to bring this to light on a bigger scale

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 10, 2015, 10:35:04 PM
Well yeah I wouldn't expect them to just pay the fines off but something like you mentioned where they take a couple more of the higher fine ones and use them as an example to bring this to light on a bigger scale

I don't mean pay off the fines I mean they wouldn't represent an individual who was slapped with that many tickets...even if it was bogus....they would look for an angle to get in and change the system....when they take on individual cases its normally a hate crime...or a prisoner getting abused...etc

PhillyPhreak54

I hope this continues to get exposed. This shtein shouldn't be happening in this country and not only that it shouldn't be condoned by anyone. Every judge involved and mayor and whomever else needs to be slapped with civil rights violations

Diomedes

I think this is clearly much ado about nothing and we should avert our gaze. 

Nothing to see.

Move along now.

And have a nice day.