Week 14 - Cowboys: Wentz vs. Prescott IV

Started by MDS, December 04, 2018, 09:28:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: General_Failure on December 09, 2018, 08:18:23 PM
I liked that Wentz tried to take off a few times. I dislike that he had no other choice and also can't cut very well 11 months after knee surgery for some reason.

he took off on the Georgia tech option
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

If doug hadnt won the big game last year, he'd be on his way to the hardware store looking foe a new gig.

That game was dreadful but they should have won regard!ess.

ice grillin you

as good as the defense was it couldn't get off the field on 3rd down and that was really the difference

MDS

the difference was a few calls/bounces went against the birds and doug and wentz were beyond pitiful for a majority of the game

the defense is largely talentless and that they were able to keep dallas to 23 in regulation is impressive regardless if a lot of that was dak being terrible on his own
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

Not being able to tackle and not being able to cover receivers isn't an optimal combination for a defense. If there wasn't a receiver wide open on third down, then someone was spinning out of a tackle for a 2 yard loss to pick up the first.

Still, if you're holding an offense to 9 points for that long, you should be winning easily.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Eagaholic

Quote from: General_Failure on December 09, 2018, 09:15:55 PM
Not being able to tackle and not being able to cover receivers isn't an optimal combination for a defense.
You sir are no Juan Castillo disciple.

smeags

that game did wonders for my blood pressure.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

SD

Not reading through the whole thread.

Fumble on the kickoff was an absolute joke. Sure it's been covered

Goedert TD call back was god awful. It actually worked out in the Birds favor because there's zero doubt in my mind the Cowboys march down the field and at least kick a FG.

I wouldn't have faulted Doug for going for the 2pt conversion after the game tying TD. They were moving the ball and had momentum. I know he would have been crucified if they didn't make it.

Seen Sidney Jones getting a lot of flack, dude could barely run with his hamstring. I give him credit for trying to play through the pain.

No team is overcoming the amount of injuries the Birds have had on D but they deserve credit they played with a ton of heart. Can't fault them for being tired they were on the field for almost one hour. The only injury that hasn't killed them is Barnett because Bennett's had a good year.

No idea why the offense is so bad in the first half. They're not aggressive. In the second quarter I turned to my buddy and said they might as well start launching it down the field because these little 2 yard passes and 1 yard runs are useless. Better to throw it 50 yards downfield, if it gets picked off it's a punt. Better than continuing to go 3 and out.

I thought it was good to get rid of Matthews Wentz's first year, Wentz had tunnel vision for him. Once he was gone he started spreading the ball. I know it's been discussed but he's done the same thing with Ertz. Wentz needs to get out of his comfort zone. That falls on Doug.

The O-line played much better in the second half, Wentz actually had a pocket to throw out of. He played much better.

7-9 puts them around 15th pick in the draft. Not a bad spot to be in. Ravens pick in the second round will probably be in the 47-50 range. They actually have a lot of cap space to clear once the season's over and the dead money isn't too bad. I know Wentz is gonna need to get paid but they have a little flexibility. Not sure what the FA market looks like but an LT needs to be a priority. I like Mailata's ceiling but not sure he gets close to it by next season. Graham's gone. Love the guy but he's over 30 and peaked. Unless he's willing to give a steep hometown discount I can't see him coming back. Not sure how serious Sweat's injury is (looked bad) I like him as a prospect moving forward. They need D line help in the draft, a playmaking WR, and a RB. The Goeddert pick baffled me last season. I don't think he's a bad pick and think the mentality was they were adding another weapon for a playoff run but that pick could have been more useful in other areas.

All in all tough year. You have a QB coming back from a major knee injury, way too many injuries in key areas, and the SB hangover. Still think the future looks bright moving forward.

PhillyPhreak54

Michael Bennett and Fletch were balling yesterday. Other than that I don't have much good things to say.

Agreed on Wentz's tunnel vision to Ertz. Especially in the red zone play yesterday where after they tried to run it with Smallwood (wtf on that play) and he goes to Ertz way short of the goal line.

Rome

The entire defense played their hearts out yesterday.  They're just short on talent but you can't fault the effort.  The offense is trash but again the effort wasn't bad, just the execution.  I feel bad for Sidney Jones, though.  He's going to be one of these guys who are always hurt.  I would shelve him for the rest of the year and frankly I'd sit Wentz too.  Let him go find Jesus's lost necklace or something. 

SD

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on December 10, 2018, 11:57:19 AM
Michael Bennett and Fletch were balling yesterday. Other than that I don't have much good things to say.

Bradham played his ass off too.

ice grillin you

i also like sweats promise....he needs another offseason of weight and muscle and i think he can be a beast...his ideal fit would be in a 3-4 but even in jj's scheme he has potential to be a really good edge rusher

ice grillin you

* The taterskins-Giants game on Fox got a 14.0 rating in the DC market.
* The Eagles-Cowboys game, also on Fox, got a 19.8 rating in the DC market.

General_Failure

Ravens fans also like seeing the Eagles look bad, I guess.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

dallas fans make up close to id say 40% of the Washington dc fan base