the betting thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 14, 2006, 12:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

jets up to a +5.5 on bodog

man that looks good
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

I am now down 2 units to Havas. But won big everywhere else today. Hit a big tease and a big parlay on the 4pm games.

Oh, and I'm on the Ravens -3.5 tonight for serious money. BOOM

PhillyPhreak54

Any action on the game tonight?

I am leaning Colts +10

MDS

nothing says covering the spread quite like curtis painter on the road
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Yessir...Curtis Painter and the over baby!

MDS

i teased down the line and the over so i hit....lost a smaller amount on the parlay

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: MDS on October 04, 2011, 12:25:34 AM
i teased down the line and the over so i hit....lost a smaller amount on the parlay

Same. Of course all teasers were winners last night.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Watch item: The Phillies are way too heavily favored tomorrow night. I know some of you (cough, J, cough) can't stand betting against your team, but you might as well get paid if they lose. If they win, isn't $60-$100 a small price to pay for it?

I actually wagered exactly enough so that I break even if the Phils win by one run, lose roughly $100 if they win by 2+, and win roughly $100 if they lose. I may end up going heavier if the line tilts more toward the home team.

Here are lines I'm looking at for Saturday (these are Sheridan's lines):
Oklahoma -10 at Texas - Should be a bloodbath.
Clemson -20.5 vs BC - See above, only Clemson is at home and BC is much, much worse than Texas.
Iowa +3.5 at PSU - Penn State is winless ATS this year.
Minnesota +11 at Purdue - Purdue is horrible. Minnesota is too and is on the road, but after taking that beating from Michigan last week, I still think they're undervalued here.
Eastern Michigan/Toledo o51.5 - Toledo should put up this much on their own. Might bet the team total if available.
Georgia Tech -14.5 vs Maryland - Maryland stinks. Tech rolls.
VT -7.5 vs Miami(FL) - Miami stinks. Tech rolls.
Michigan/Northwestern o59 - These teams will forget to play defense as usual. Like Michigan -7 almost as much, but it is in exotic Evanston (LOL).
Kentucky/South Carolina o43 - No way South Carolina covers 21 if the total doesn't go over. In fact, if the line goes to 21.5 or more, I might tease Kentucky and the over. Did that last week in the Kentucky/LSU game for an easy profit.
Utah State -10.5 vs Wyoming - The Aggies could be undefeated but instead have only one win. Time to break out the whooping stick on an outmatched Wyoming squad.
LSU -13.5 vs Florida - This game is begging for a 7 point tease combo with the over 41 down to 34. Problem is, LSU could definitely win this 21-3 or something like that if Brantley doesn't play - would be ugly like the 2nd half of last week's Bama game.

Sunday:
Arizona +3 at Minnesota - The Kolbs have had the taste of victory and want it back. The McNabbs have no idea how to win and won't.
Buffalo +3 vs Philadelphia - FIRST TIME SINCE LINES HAVE BEEN TRACKED that a 1-3 or worse team is favored on the road at a 3-1 or better team in week 5. Eagles still have a ton of weapons and the perception that they're underperforming. Bills have a bunch of guys no one has heard of and lost to the Bengals last week, so it makes bettors believe they could be a mirage. Still, EVEN IF THEY AREN'T THAT GOOD, do you really like the Eagles here?
Tennessee +3.5 at Pittsburgh - The Titans play better defense, have a better offensive line and running back, and should win this game.
San Diego -4 at Denver - It's almost gotta be a trap, no? Also acceptable would be a tease of Denver +10.5 and o39.5.
Green Bay -5.5 at Atlanta - I got GB -4 (-110) on Monday and am wishing I bet harder then. Still, there is no reason to believe the Packers won't take it to the Falcons in the dome just like they did in the playoffs.

Eagles_Legendz

I recommend betting an unhealthy amount of money on the over in FSU/Wake this weekend.  It's 49.5, and the game is going to get to 60.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Doesn't the spread look fishy/small too? Shouldn't FSU win by 30?

ice grillin you

i cant find a single game i like this week....i may go all o/u's
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 07, 2011, 08:22:10 AM
i cant find a single game i like this week....i may go all o/u's

Well, you're in the lead now, so go for it.

ice grillin you

gimme like a half hour

how many units am i up

ice grillin you

igy

lsu -13 florida
texas am vs texas tech under 72
alabama vs vandy over 41.5
michigan -7.5 northwestern
tampa +2.5 san fran

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: FastFreddie on October 07, 2011, 06:18:49 AM
Doesn't the spread look fishy/small too? Shouldn't FSU win by 30?

Wake should be 4-0 right now.  They collapsed in the 4th vs Cuse after Wake's qb got hurt in the end of the 3rd.  Doesn't matter really since I fully expect FSU to win, but Wake's offense is good enough to hang for a while.  The D still largely sucks though.  I'm thinking like 41-27 FSU.