the betting thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 14, 2006, 12:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

I hate Dan Uggla more than normal

PoopyfaceMcGee

So will Havas win the bet with Todd because of meaningless games?  That would be funny.

PhillyPhreak54

I've taken a nice whippin' this week.

It would be nice if the Tigers could win this one and help me out

SD

Quote from: FastFreddie on September 29, 2010, 08:14:15 PM
So will Havas win the bet with Todd because of meaningless games?  That would be funny.

Todd wins the bet regardless because the point of it was that the Phillies are at least 3 games better than the Braves, and they've proven they are.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: SD on September 30, 2010, 06:57:29 AM

Todd wins the bet regardless because the point of it was that the Phillies are at least 3 games better than the Braves, and they've proven they are.

LOL - I bet Havas disagrees.

So, I'm pulling a Phreak-like 3 team parlay tonight: $5 to win $60+.
Angels
Blue Jays
Astros (with Brett Myers on the hill)

SD

I'm sure he does, but the bet was laid down because Todd believed the Phils were more than 3 games better than the Braves, Havas not so much. So in my eyes Todd wins.

PoopyfaceMcGee

I'll be sure to contact Vegas any time a meaningless 4th quarter score changes the outcome of my bet.

MDS

so if the phillies get swept will sd cover my 50
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: FastFreddie on September 30, 2010, 07:13:59 AM

So, I'm pulling a Phreak-like 3 team parlay tonight: $5 to win $60+.
Angels
Blue Jays
Astros (with Brett Myers on the hill)

I've got two going for tonight and may add another

Astros ML
Astros/Reds under 7.5
Brewers ML
Rays ML

Texas A&M +3.5
Texas A&M/OkState u66

Diomedes

I'm liking this window into the world of the habit gambler, it's reassuring me that my drink habit is alright.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PoopyfaceMcGee

Diomedes

I'll pour another one to that.

I'm kinda poor right now, haven't had much work lately, and it rained like a bitch all day.  So I'm pulling bottles from the cabinet that I don't normally drink.  JW Red tonight.

In a pinch, it's really not bad at all.  Way rougher than I prefer, but better than betting on modern day gladiators. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

Quote from: FastFreddie on September 30, 2010, 07:13:59 AM
So will Havas win the bet with Todd because of meaningless games?  That would be funny.

absolutely disagree

lets see my team is in the playoffs...i would have made the bet if i wasnt given +3 and im not quite filthy rich but 50 bucks to me is like a double cheeseburger at mcdonalds (their non dollar menu price)
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous