the betting thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 14, 2006, 12:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

I've got a few $20 exacta's lined up with Big Brown, Kentucky Bear & Macho Again plus a few trifecta's with the same horses and Giant Moon.

All in all a pretty "meh" race because the only way Big Brown loses is if some slutty filly blows him in the paddock area before the race. 

phattymatty

1-4-3 trifecta

6-3-1 pick 3

QB Eagles

I'm not sure which is the biggest disaster for horse racing: Eight Belles dying on the track, or Rick Reilly's insufferable schtick in the pre-race of the Belmont Stakes.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

Quote from: Rome on May 17, 2008, 02:14:04 PM
All in all a pretty "meh" race because the only way Big Brown loses is if some slutty filly blows him in the paddock area before the race. 

Or if he just sucks and has nothing.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

QB Eagles

Big Brown laid a big brown shtein.... first horse to ever win the Derby and the Preakness and then come up last place in the Belmont.

rjs246

The jockey forced Big Brown to be finish last and if the horse didn't have it he was wise to do it. Push a horse when it can't go and it gets Eight Belled. Now Big Brown is healthy and his owners can sell him for a shteinload of money because he's still alive. Those owners had better be sucking the jockey off right now.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: rjs246 on June 07, 2008, 10:59:21 PM
The jockey forced Big Brown to be finish last and if the horse didn't have it he was wise to do it. Push a horse when it can't go and it gets Eight Belled. Now Big Brown is healthy and his owners can sell him for a shteinload of money because he's still alive. Those owners had better be sucking the jockey off right now.

Yeah, when I first saw it I had thought that the horse might have pulled up lame.  He lost steam fast, and the jockey did the right thing to ease him off.

Munson

That farging sucked. Anti-climatic to the max.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: rjs246 on June 07, 2008, 10:59:21 PM

I saw that jockey interviewed a couple of times, and he really understands his shtein.  He sounds like the mayor of Munchkinland, but he knows his shtein.

QB Eagles

icehole trainer is now blaming Desormeaux. Desormeaux is saying that Big Brown was going to finish in last place whether he pulled up or not.

phattymatty

there's this betting site where they give you a dime for free, and if you can somehow turn it into $20 or more, you can cash it out for real money.  whenever you lose everything, you start back at 10 cents.  you can do parlays and all that shtein.  anyway, the chances of anyone turning 10 cents into 20 bucks or more is pretty slim but it's worth a shot.  i'm up to about 1.50.  if anything it's a time waster and a chance to practice your gambling.  sign up with this link and if any of you actually do cash, i get something too.

http://www.centsports.com/?opcode=180396

ice grillin you

matty whats your name on that site im trying to get you on my friends list
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

note to self

current board bets

brett myers - under 15 wins - $10 phreak
phillies - under 89 wins - $10 phreak
phillies - .500 or under - $10 phreak