the betting thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 14, 2006, 12:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i knew theyd win automatically but i was nervous there for a bit with the cover...they just had way to much talent to not cover in that game

butler stretching it out now

my bets today might cover all my pool entry fees
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

not only did butler just cover for me but i hit for $20 on the box pool as well

hollaz
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

shorebird

Thumbs up on betting VCU to beat the Blue Devils. I was hoping but didn't have the nuts to make the bet.

Rome

Who you got on The Preakness today?

I'm going with a 4-8-7 triple box.  I'm also going big with Curlin to w/p/s.  I have a good feeling about that bugger.  Man, people are so desperate for a triple crown winner they're letting their emotions sway them with respect to Street Sense.

The Mrs. is sticking with Circular Quay to w/p/s & my daughter has given me $10 of her own money to bet on Street Sense.  I might be better off just pocketing the money and buying her ten bucks worth of lottery tickets.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

phattymatty

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on May 19, 2007, 12:05:34 PM
Who you got on The Preakness today?

I'm going with a 4-8-7 triple box. 

i almost have the exact same thing.  i did a trifecta box on 5-7-8.

phattymatty

ha!  my first bet of the day, race 8, i bet a straight up trifecta, 2-7-1.  looks like i hit.

phattymatty

nice, 25-1 payout.  should have put more than $2 on it.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

phattymatty

nice call romie.  you win.

Rome

Quote from: Diomedes on May 19, 2007, 03:27:09 PM
Quote from: Jerome99RIP on May 19, 2007, 12:13:31 PM
Quote from: Diomedes on May 19, 2007, 12:08:49 PM
betting is for suckers

Unless you win.

I rest my case

OMGIWONTHEPREAKNESS!

I boxed the triple and ended up winning 25 dollars on a 6 dollar bet.

:-D

Counting the win and various side bets I walked away with 62 dollars.  I rule all Satan's creation and you don't.

phattymatty

I haven't bet on a football all year so far.  But I'm putting 50 on over 52 in the Rutgers/S Fla game.  I'll probably lose.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Rome

Thought long and hard about this one. Big Brown's post position might be the worst ever for a favorite but I don't think it's gonna matter.

Top 3:

1. Big Brown

2. Pyro

3. Denis of Cork

Alternate Top 3:

1. Big Brown

2. Pyro

3. Colonel John

I'm boxing all three for $2 each and I'm taking $10 exactas on Big Brown/Pyro & Big Brown/Colonel John.

I'm also betting throwing away $10 on Eight Belles to show for my daughter because she thinks the filly is "pretty".    ::)