Boxing World continued..

Started by MURP, November 04, 2004, 05:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Quote from: MDS on January 23, 2005, 12:48:14 PM
Douchebag Lewis coming out of retirment for $39.5 mil to fight Vitali Klitschko

I stopped reading after the point where you--an impoverished fool by all acounts--called Holyfield an idiot for opting to take a beating in return for thirty-nine and a half million dollars.  hate me if you like.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

henchmanUK

"The drunkenness, the violence, the nihilism: the Eagles should really be an English football team, not an American one." - Financial Times, London

MURP

Quote from: Diomedes on January 24, 2005, 12:34:16 AM
Quote from: MDS on January 23, 2005, 12:48:14 PM
Douchebag Lewis coming out of retirment for $39.5 mil to fight Vitali Klitschko

I stopped reading after the point where you--an impoverished fool by all acounts--called Holyfield an idiot for opting to take a beating in return for thirty-nine and a half million dollars.  hate me if you like.

what you talkin about Dio? 

Diomedes

I was trying to say that 39.5 mil is plenty good reason to come out of retirement, and I'm not going to call no one a dummy for doing so.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MURP

he wasnt calling him a dummy for coming out of retirement, just calling him a douchebag because he doesnt like Lewis.   Hell, Lewis won the last time around.

henchmanUK

When is Hopkins-Eastman? I'll be rooting for the Battersea Bomber, but he'll get his arse kicked by your boy.
"The drunkenness, the violence, the nihilism: the Eagles should really be an English football team, not an American one." - Financial Times, London

phillymic2000

Feb 19th. It will be for the WBC title only.. and yes Hopkins will dominate ;) I hope he takes a big time big money fight after that.. Can you say Tito?

phillymic2000

UK, how do you feel about Lewis coming out of Retirement?

Also what is up with Audrey Harrilson (SP ???) I have not heard much noise from him lately...

phillymic2000

From fight news:

Some nice trash talk from Eastman.. this could get good....

QuoteEastman vows to KO Hopkins!
Middleweight title challenger Howard Eastman says he's going to knock out Bernard Hopkins and deny him his record 20th world title defense when they meet February 19 at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. "I'm very serious about what I do and say and I am telling you I will knock him out in five rounds," Eastman told Sporting Life. "I don't share the view that Hopkins is the best fighter in the world today for one second."

henchmanUK

Quote from: phillymic2000 on January 24, 2005, 10:54:18 AM
UK, how do you feel about Lewis coming out of Retirement?

Also what is up with Audrey Harrilson (SP ???) I have not heard much noise from him lately...

:-D at "Audrey". It's about time Harrison shut his mouth, stopped hanging out at z-list celeb parties and fought someone good. Even I could beat up half the bums he boxed since turning pro. Yet you read all the time about how he feels "disrespected". In terms of British heavyweights I have rooted more for Lewis, Bruno even Herbie Frickin' Hyde than that gobshtein.

I kind of admire Lewis's motives for wanting to fight Klitschko. He's pissed 'cos Klitschko has been telling everyone he deserved to win that fight. Either he knew full well Lewis had retired, or if he came back he'd have to fight him, thus guaranteeing a big payday. Either way, Klitsch wins. I hope Lennox kicks his arse. :evil

Drunkmasterflex

Lewis is denying those reports.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

henchmanUK

Quote from: drunkmasterflex on January 24, 2005, 06:49:10 PM
Lewis is denying those reports.

Yep, it's all over British press saying he's not gonna fight Klitschko.

phillymic2000

What in the world. If Lewis would of came into that last fight in half the shape he did against Tyson, he would have put Klit to sleep early. Instead he showed up like Buster douglas facing Holyfield a over weight disgrace, and he still "won" the fight. Dude Take the 39 mil. Get your lazy butt in shape and put this fool to bed before toney, Peter, tua, or some one else does....

Tua fighting for the fist time in 2 years, coming soon....

Drunkmasterflex

Gatti is fighting Leija this weekend and as long as he wins there will be a fight between him and Mayweather Jr. on June 11.  Man would that be sweet. :drool
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

phillymic2000

Quote from: drunkmasterflex on January 26, 2005, 08:08:43 PM
Gatti is fighting Leija this weekend and as long as he wins there will be a fight between him and Mayweather Jr. on June 11.  Man would that be sweet. :drool

I love Gatti's heart, but a fight against Mayweather (he has to beat spinks too) maybe a repeat of the Delahoya beat down. Extremely quick fighters are not a good matchup for Gatti. This weekend should be a good one though...