AFC - CFFFL Discussion

Started by Diomedes, July 12, 2005, 09:38:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

This thread is limited to posters from the CFFFL AFC only.  If your name isn't listed below, please don't post.  Discussion is limited to our fantasy league, trash talk amongst AFC owners, etc.  Any outside or off-topic nonsense will be deleted.

Welcome to the 2005 CFFFL AFC Conference!  Here is the list of our teams and owners:

PliPlong & Pongora  - hbionic
Reidmes Muffed Punts -  Reidme
CF_DeepBallas -  chuck_chillout
Phanatics -  Phanatic
QB's Eastern Motors -  QB Eagles
phillymic  phillymic2000
CSD -  CSD
Mad's ArchVillains -  Mad-Lad
MDS' Mike Zordich's -  MDS
Sweet Sassy Molassy -  SSgt. PSN
Satoshi -  Satoshi
Dio's Bronx Brigands -  Diomedes

Draft Order
I used a random number generator to determine draft order.  Methodology went like so: Twelve random numbers between 1 and 1000 were to be generated.  The first number was to be assigned to PliPlong & Pongora, the second to Reidmes Muffed Punts, the third to CF_Deepballas, etc.  Lowest number chooses first, highest number chooses last.

I generated the following results:
320 630 992 753 983 457 383 861 385 271 401 283

Which translates into our Draft Order:
Pick   Roll #   Team   
1   271   Sweet Sassy Molassy -  SSgt. PSN   
2   283   Dio's Bronx Brigands -  Diomedes   
3   320   PliPlong & Pongora  - hbionic   
4   383   CSD -  CSD   
5   385   MDS' Mike Zordich's -  MDS   
6   401   Satoshi -  Satoshi   
7   457   phillymic  phillymic2000   
8   630   Reidmes Muffed Punts -  Reidme   
9   753   Phanatics -  Phanatic   
10   861   Mad's ArchVillains -  Mad-Lad   
11   983   QB's Eastern Motors -  QB Eagles   
12   992   CF_DeepBallas -  chuck_chillout

Draft Type
We will conduct a Message Board draft again this year, but we'll tighten up the rules this time to make the thing move along better.  On the day the draft begins, I will start a thread.  That thread will be for selections only--any other posts will be deleted.  Any comments or trash talk about the draft should be placed in this thread instead of the actual draft thread.
There will be a four hour deadline for making your pick, excluding the hours between midnight and six a.m. Eastern.  If you miss your deadline, then you get the next available player from your list.  You also permanently lose an hour off each remaining deadline (i.e. after the first offense, you drop to 3 hour deadlines for the rest of the draft, after the second, it's only two hours..etc.).  If you miss three deadlines, you forfeit draft privelages and your team will be completed by the Commissioner.  If you do not provide a list, I will draft Ron Dayne, Willie Ponder, Billy McMullen, or some other worthless player for you.  No joke.

Last year, we conducted the draft while I was on vacation with nothing better to do than monitor the draft.  This year, I have to work, so I can't be here all the time.  I will keep the board updated as best as possible, but I ask y'all to be patient. 

Draft Date
I'll let you know.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

Sweet!  This is probably the only thing I'll win all year.  :paranoid

hbionic

Dio, it's "Pli-Plong" not "PliPlong". Thanks.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Diomedes

Quote from: hbionic on July 12, 2005, 07:04:12 PM
Dio, it's "Pli-Plong" not "PliPlong". Thanks.

It's "Poon Tang" for all I care.  Thanks.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

satoshi

hbionic

Quote from: Diomedes on July 12, 2005, 09:22:38 PMIt's "Poon Tang" for all I care.  Thanks.

Dio, there was no need for that. Seriously.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Diomedes

Chuggie, you are higher maintenence than a farging Ducati.  Seriously.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

Quote from: MDS on July 13, 2005, 07:10:08 PM
5th pick. Booooooo
I love the middle picks.  This is the first time I'll have a top three pick in I can't remember how long.  No margin for error: farg up the second pick and you're in trouble.

Quote from: Satoshi on July 13, 2005, 05:56:23 AM
i got it.
You got what?

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Diomedes on July 13, 2005, 09:06:11 PM
5th pick. Booooooo
I love the middle picks. This is the first time I'll have a top three pick in I can't remember how long. No margin for error: farg up the second pick and you're in trouble.

I do actually agree with this.  Last year or the year before I drafted in the middle of the order which meant that I got to draft in the same spot every round regardless of whether the order was going from front to back or back to front. 

Is that how we're doing the draft this year Dio? 

Example:

1st round
1, 2, 3 ,4 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

2nd round
10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1

And so on and so forth....

QB Eagles

Diomedes

Quote from: SSgt PSN on July 14, 2005, 12:06:53 AM
Is that how we're doing the draft this year Dio?

Example:

1st round
1, 2, 3 ,4 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

2nd round
10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1

And so on and so forth....

Yes, of course.  Serpentine.

satoshi

Quote from: Diomedes on July 13, 2005, 09:06:11 PM
5th pick. Booooooo
I love the middle picks.  This is the first time I'll have a top three pick in I can't remember how long.  No margin for error: farg up the second pick and you're in trouble.

Quote from: Satoshi on July 13, 2005, 05:56:23 AM
i got it.
You got what?

The rules and how the league works.

CSD