Happy New Years! (eve)

Started by hbionic, December 31, 2015, 04:12:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

SD

Can't wait to drive drunk later

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Don Ho

Hau'oli Makahiki Hou my brothers!  Love you guys!

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

SunMo

$37 Uber into DC cost $150 on the way back.  some sweet price gouging by them (400%) but it wasn't nearly as bad as some other cities i read about (up to 900% increases)
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Susquehanna Birder

Surge pricing sucks. It's one of the few things that cab companies have an advantage on.

Rome

I took Uber home on NYD after watching football and the price was about the same.   I live in a hick beach town, so...

ice grillin you

the surge pricing only applied to nye when a billion people were looking for rides
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

I wouldn't doubt that NYD wouldn't have been close to the same in any of the big cities.  We took it at 1:30am when demand was high.  I get the whole supply and demand thing and respect it to a certain point, but the numbers that Uber was using were gouging plain and simple.

ice grillin you

i just calculated the trip back

they charged $5.88 a mile....lol jesus
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

I used Uber once in NYC over the summer. Was looking for a cab and he was parked on the street, so we hoped in. 6-8 blocks to our hotel and dude asked me for $25.  Farging rip off. 

SunMo

Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 04, 2016, 09:47:15 AM
I used Uber once in NYC over the summer. Was looking for a cab and he was parked on the street, so we hoped in. 6-8 blocks to our hotel and dude asked me for $25.  Farging rip off. 

you didn't do it right if it went as you described.  you can get a fare estimate from Uber on the app before ordering a ride.  sounds like this guy saw you looking for a cab and offered you a ride and you didn't go through the app?  he took the money all for himself and didn't go through Uber.  Uber is normally way cheaper than a cab

Rome

It's $20 by cab from the pub to my house and $10 using Uber. 

Again, hick town but still.  The gouging is really disgusting, though.  Uber is supposed to be better than that.  Shocking that it turns out they'd gladly stick it up your ass lubeless like any other cabbie.

phattymatty

Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 04, 2016, 09:47:15 AM

ha yeah thats not how uber works dummy.

Sgt PSN

I know they are app based, which kind of threw me when dude was just chilling looking for a fare, but this dude had an Uber sticker/id photo so I rolled with it. Are Uber drivers not allowed to pick up fares outside of the app?