World (Vegas) Travel Thread

Started by hbionic, July 25, 2005, 07:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

the halloween party is basically the #1 reason we are going in the fall.  my wife really wants to do that and because it's the only time of the year Maleficent is at the park
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

SD

You're probably aware of this but they're coming out with a Maleficient (played by Angelina Jolie) movie. Do you have boys are girls or both? The cool thing with my daughter is she's 6 but she loves thrill rides so there were no limitations ( plus she made the height requirements by an inch). Our next trip is first week of December. I wouldn't bother renting a car. They provide free transportation from and to the airport and every resort has a shuttle to every park. If you get a chance check out downtown disney...it's free and there's a ton of stuff to do and some good restaurants.

SunMo

both boys and girls 14, 11, 11, 11, 9 by the time we go

we didn't plan on renting a car because of the shuttles. 

my wife definitely knows about the movie coming out.

how were the ride lines in general?

Munson

Goddamn, Sunny has a brood.

Triplets must be a lot of fun. My older half siblings are quadruplets...I thank god every day I didn't have to live in the same house as them growing up :-D
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SunMo

they actually aren't triplets.  the 14 and two of the 11 year olds are twins from my 1st marriage, the 11 and 9 are hers from her first.

Munson

Ah I see. I'm sure the 11 year olds love having two other people their age in the house/at school. Good luck when they're all teenagers :poison
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

hbionic

My better half wants to go to Disneyworld...but I told her I'd rather cut off my balls. What's the big deal about it...isn't it like a huge Disneyland with a zoo or something? Really, what's the draw?
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

SD

Quote from: SunMo on January 06, 2014, 01:59:26 PM

how were the ride lines in general?

Because we were there during a 3 day weekend the crowds and lines were a little more crowded than normal. Because you're going late Sept early Oct when summer is over and kids are back in school they shouldn't be bad at all. Like anywhere else you go the parks are more crowded during the weekends. Utilize your magic band fast pass the night before. It will give you 3 options but you can modify them. So use your fast passes for the popular rides. The app will also give you wait times. The Magic Kingdom was packed for the Halloween party.

ice grillin you

Quote from: hbionic on January 06, 2014, 02:46:34 PM
My better half wants to go to Disneyworld...but I told her I'd rather cut off my balls. What's the big deal about it...isn't it like a huge Disneyland with a zoo or something? Really, what's the draw?

its basically hell on earth with a lethal combination of two of the worst things in the world (kids and crowds)

but if you have kids i think its a law that you have to bring them there before they get in high school
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

It should be fine when Sunny goes.  The big holidays are nauseating.  No way.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 06, 2014, 02:55:06 PM

its basically hell on earth with a lethal combination of two of the worst things in the world (kids and crowds)

but if you have kids i think its a law that you have to bring them there before they get in high school
F that, I already told my wife that I'd prefer to never go to disney with our kid.  I'd take BEACHES Antigua or Turks and Caicos any day of the week. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

well i enjoy vacationing by myself in the mountains.....so even a "good" time to go to disney world would be dreadful for me

i completely understand the need to go for your kids but any adult that actually enjoys disneyworld is a weirdo....my wifes best friend wanted to go there for her honeymoon

ice grillin you

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on January 06, 2014, 03:00:13 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on January 06, 2014, 02:55:06 PM

F that, I already told my wife that I'd prefer to never go to disney with our kid.  I'd take BEACHES Antigua or Turks and Caicos any day of the week.

well of course....but i doubt when your kid is 11 he or she is going to be screaming to go to antigua...its pretty much a rite of passage that you have to bring your kid to disney world isnt it?

hbionic

I think Disnelyland is cool for people that enjoy the Disney characters and stuff...but even though its in my own backyard...I try not to go. The crowd is ridiculous. I went last year for the first time in about 8...and regretted it...I couldn't get out of there fast enough. Just takes the fun out of it. It's like going shopping at the mall during christmas season but worse. 200 times worse.

Space Mountain and The Haunted House are timeless though.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Sgt PSN

Having been to both, I can tell you that Disneyland sucks balls.  There's very few attractions, not many rides, terrible concession stands, and it's really just an overpriced day of walking and looking at people dressed up as Disney characters.  Going to California Adventure would be a far better way to spend your money and time. 

Disney World is farging great though.    There's a gazillion things to do.  There's also Epcot, Sea World, Universal (I think) Studios, etc, etc.