2006 NFL Injury Update Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, September 04, 2006, 12:18:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

To help keep track of who gets injured, who is out and anything injury related. Should be of help to the bettors and fantasy players out there...

To start it off:

QuotePatriots | Maroney will miss Week 1
Mon, 4 Sep 2006 08:38:55 -0700

ESPN's SportsCenter reports New England Patriots RB Laurence Maroney (leg) is OUT for the team's Week 1 game.

Dillen

As if no one has seen it.

QuoteSteelers | Roethlisberger OUT for Week 1
Sun, 3 Sep 2006 15:22:37 -0700

Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Bill Cowher said QB Ben Roethlisberger (appendix) underwent an emergency appendectomy Sunday, Sept. 3. The surgery went well, but he will be out for Week 1 and will be on a week-to-week basis. The team is looking to bring in another quarterback and QB Charlie Batch will start Week 1.

reese125

Rotoworld:

Laurence Maroney (knee) returned to practice Monday.
ESPN reported this morning that Maroney would miss Week 1, but the first-round pick ran with no limp at practice Monday. He did wear a knee brace. We'll get a better idea of whether Maroney will play in the opener when the offical injury report is released on Wednesday. Sep. 4 - 1:36 pm et

PhillyPhreak54

Dillen

QuotePanthers | Smith doubtful to play
Wed, 6 Sep 2006 14:35:47 -0700

Updating previous reports, ESPNews reports Carolina Panthers WR Steve Smith (hamstring) is doubtful to play during Week 1 due to a new hamstring injury. The injured hamstring is the opposite one that he dealt with during training camp.
Downgraded to doubtful.

PhillyPhreak54

That means Drew Carter starts, I guess.

I like Carter. Great speed. A sleeper player who could turn into a good one.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Feva

"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

SunMo

yeah, i loved those guys.  the originals, not any of the crap that came later

Feva

"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

SunMo

Feva

PoopyfaceMcGee

Hahahaha! The one guy in that picture had secks with Chyna and he's also dead now!!  HAHAHAHA

Feva

Having secks with Chyna will do that to ya...

PoopyfaceMcGee