2009 College Football Thread

Started by ice grillin you, February 05, 2009, 04:19:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

i don't think ohio state has lights at the horseshoe either

ice grillin you

guess you didnt see the epic matt barkley drive on musberger nite football last fall
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

QB Eagles

Apparently they bring in temporary lights, they had five night games in the 2000s.

MDS

jesus how old and crusty is the big 10. the sec still seethes at the sight of a black player yet they realize its 2010. yet the big 10 forgot that thing thomas edison figured out.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Drunkmasterflex

Bryce Brown one of the top recruits from last year has left Tennessee. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

MDS

QuoteI had a discussion with Jim Ramsey, down here in Jacksonville, regarding Conference Realignment.

Here's my report:

1. Rutgers, Pitt and Syracuse are the schools which prevented a full discussion of Big East options going forward at the Presidents' meeting at the Big East Tournament. They specifically responded to Ramsey during the executive committee meeting of five presidents that it would be an unwise move to hold any sort of discussion of realignment options at this point. Ramsey is fully aware of the implications of this position coming from only the three Big Ten targets.

2. Ramsey & TJ are contacting Tranghese to get some help going forward in the Realignment planning...from Louisville's point of view.

3. Temple has asked to rejoin the Big East but TJ knows that they will not be allowed back in.

4. A faction of Presidents within the Big East wish to get to 9 FB teams immediately and have their tentative sights on 2 ACC teams. They see a 9-team conference as the optimum size from a balanced scheduling perspective.

5. Louisville realizes that ND's going to the Big Ten, if that were actually to happen, if the expansion is LIMITED to ND, would be a VERY positive development for the Big East and particularly for Louisville and several other Big East programs.

6. There is a group of Presidents within the FBS structure that want the NCAA to reduce the Championship-playing size limit from 12 to 10. If this could be achieved then, if the Big East could be preserved, the Big East would likely try to achieve 10 teams as its FB size..

7. Ramsey and TJ will be taking the step of working to consolidate common interest within the Big East FB schools. This is being done to protect Louisville's interest going forward. The three aforementioned schools may not see the wisdom of joining into this discussion.

8. A study of the TV Value of the Big East is being commissioned.

That's all I have now, but I would summarize that I was very encouraged that UofL is proactive (though the Big East is not)...and that Louisville taking the step of talking to Tranghese and moving to establish and consolidate common interest within some of the Big East schools is a big positive.

lol

glug glug goes bill bradshaw
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.