07-08 Philadelphia 76ers Season Thread

Started by BigEd76, October 30, 2007, 11:23:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phattymatty

it's stupid to move iggy.  he had a bad series because no one on the team can hit a jump shot to save their life.  you get a couple guys who can hit some 3s and long jumpers, letting iggy drive to the basket, and he becomes an all-star.

Rome

14,130 for a 6th game of a playoff series is a disgrace.  not a surprise, though. 

i never want to see another post in this forum that suggests the sixers are more popular than the flyers, phillies or eagles in philly.  ever.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: phattymatty on May 02, 2008, 10:22:50 AM
it's stupid to move iggy.  he had a bad series because no one on the team can hit a jump shot to save their life.  you get a couple guys who can hit some 3s and long jumpers, letting iggy drive to the basket, and he becomes an all-star.

I have no problem with keeping iggy, but any smart GM knows paying a 3 not named Lebron that kind of cash is dumb when they're a dime a dozen.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on May 02, 2008, 10:22:50 AM
14,130 for a 6th game of a playoff series is a disgrace.  not a surprise, though. 

i never want to see another post in this forum that suggests the sixers are more popular than the flyers, phillies or eagles in philly.  ever.

if the sixers are the two seed and not two games below during the regular season they sell out every game easily...the eagles came close to not selling out the detroit playoff game in 95 and had scores of empty seats at games in the 90's even during good years...

and fyi they lost by 30...philly fans are the best but more importantly the smartest in the world and they know what games to go to and what ones not to...except maybe flyer fans who are complete and utter sheep...and even they had trouble selling out games in the cap series

you wont remember this cause youre a magic fan but the sixers run in 01 was almost on par with the eagles superbowl in terms of igniting the city and you couldnt find a ticket to any of the playoff games that year
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

reese125

Quote14,130 for a 6th game of a playoff series is a disgrace.  not a surprise, though.

Ha...I have never seen anyone in this thread suggest that, but dont act like they are not right on par. The series went as expected to a lot of fans, thus tuning them out. Im one of the biggest Sixers fans and for some odd reason I cared more what the Phillies were doing last night. There's a problem there.

Eagles
Phillies
Sixers
Flyers--some will disagree now because they are finally doing well

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD_Eagle on May 02, 2008, 10:31:42 AM

I have no problem with keeping iggy, but any smart GM knows paying a 3 not named Lebron that kind of cash is dumb when they're a dime a dozen.

60 mil is nothing in the nba these days...especially for a player of iguodalas ilk

SD_Eagle5

$60 mill is ridiculous and Iggy is not worthy of that kind of money. I doubt he'd even break the Pistons starting 5.

reese125

Quote from: SD_Eagle on May 02, 2008, 10:31:42 AM

SD, you're not taking into account that there are only maybe 2 other players in the league that have done what Iggy has done numbers wise. You dont just let a guy like that walk unless you're getting the farm.

He is all-around and hard to come by

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 02, 2008, 10:34:12 AM
Quote from: Rome on May 02, 2008, 10:22:50 AM

if the sixers are the two seed and not two games below during the regular season they sell out every game easily...the eagles came close to not selling out the detroit playoff game in 95 and had scores of empty seats at games in the 90's even during good years...

and fyi they lost by 30...philly fans are the best but more importantly the smartest in the world and they know what games to go to and what ones not to...except maybe flyer fans who are complete and utter sheep...and even they had trouble selling out games in the cap series

you wont remember this cause youre a magic fan but the sixers run in 01 was almost on par with the eagles superbowl in terms of igniting the city and you couldnt find a ticket to any of the playoff games that year

blah, blah, blah.  14,130 is a disgrace.  that's what, six THOUSAND below capacity for basketball?

make all the excuses you want but there's no disputing the fact that they were 70% full last night for the deciding game of a playoff series.  the sixers are a distant fourth in popularity, period.

SD_Eagle5

You don't pay a 3 a huge salary...you pay that to big men. If Thad wasn't on the roster different story but why pay Iggy a ridiculous deal when the money is better served elsewhere? Iggy would be a good 3rd option type at the 3 but he's far from a go to guy. You give him $60 mill and suddenly he's it.

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD_Eagle on May 02, 2008, 10:37:33 AM
$60 mill is ridiculous and Iggy is not worthy of that kind of money. I doubt he'd even break the Pistons starting 5.

i think you need to look around the league at what people are making...60 mil for him is not a lot...mike bibby makes 15 mil a year...so does michael redd...antwan jamison 17 ect ect ect...

phattymatty

i think you're under estimating nba contracts.  you understand the Sixers payed chris webber like 18 mil this year right?  and there are whole teams who don't break the pistons starting 5.  that's why they're one of the best team in the league.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Rome on May 02, 2008, 10:41:18 AM
blah, blah, blah.  14,130 is a disgrace.  that's what, six THOUSAND below capacity for basketball?

make all the excuses you want but there's no disputing the fact that they were 70% full last night for the deciding game of a playoff series.  the sixers are a distant fourth in popularity, period.

yup...and I don't care if they took the city over in 2000. They had the most exciting player in the NBA who also happened to be the MVP that season...not to mention the role players were hard working lunch pale guys which you know this city loves.

rjs246

The NBA sucks. The sooner everyone accepts that the happier you'll all be.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: phattymatty on May 02, 2008, 10:44:53 AM

i think you're under estimating nba contracts.  you understand the Sixers payed chris webber like 18 mil this year right?  and there are whole teams who don't break the pistons starting 5.  that's why they're one of the best team in the league.

Tell me your offseason plan. Re-signing iggy and giving it another go next season? No way that happens especially considering Miller is most likely a goner once next season is over.