Phillies season 7

Started by MURP, August 14, 2005, 12:05:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

Urbina...don't farg this up
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyGirl

Way to bounce back Urbina.  :yay
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

MDS

Quote from: PhillyGirl on August 31, 2005, 09:10:41 PM
Urbina...don't farg this up

I figure he's not that bad to farg it up two nights in a row....looks like he will. And does.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

BigEd76

That unclutch Abreu, taking away Wagner's save again  ::)

MDS

8-2 game to btm 9. Wags gettin some work now.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: BigEd76 on August 31, 2005, 09:35:59 PM
That unclutch Abreu, taking away Wagner's save againĀ  ::)

[Eskin]That wasn't clutch.  The Phillies already had a three-run lead.  And I know baseball better than you.[/Eskin]

MDS

Phollies win! I've got class during most of the game tommorrow. Put that one away early so I dont have to worry....

BigEd76

PhillyGirl

MDS

Tommorrow's lineup should be:

Michaels
Rollins
Abreu
Burrell
Utley
Lieberthal
Howard
Bell- does hit lefties well
Lieber

PhillyGirl

QuotePhiladelphia Phillies: Billy Wagner pushed back the Aug. 31 deadine he set for negotiating an extension with the Phillies because he believes a deal is close to being completed, the Philadelphia Daily News reported Wednesday.

"I am optimistic," Wagner told the paper of working out a deal to remain the Phillies' closer.

Wagner did not discuss specifics, but it seems he is willing to make concessions on some aspects of his request for a three-year, $27 million deal with a full no-trade clause, the paper reported. The Phillies are believed to have offer a deal that includes two guaranteed years, with a partial no-trade clause for the second year, and an option for a third year that could bring the maximum value of the contract to $24 million.

"That whole deadline thing was to make sure that they said, 'Hey. Let's talk,' instead of, 'Let's wait until the end of the year to talk to Billy Wagner,' " Wagner told the paper. "I get frustrated like everybody else. I say things off the cuff that I shouldn't. ... I'm a pretty aggressive player. I want things to happen now. But dealing with a baseball game and dealing with baseball [management] people is different.

"You want a certain level of courtship. If you want somebody, you do whatever it takes to get him."

Geowhizzer

That would be good news.  Especially the two plus an option.  Even for Wagner, three-year contracts for pitchers are high risk.

Rome

WAR UNDERACHIEVERS![/size]

:-D

BigEd76

Shane Victorino
A.J. Hinch
Matt Kata
Geoff Geary
Pedro Liriano
Gavin Floyd

Come on down!  You're the next contestants in the Phils' playoff race!  :D

PhillyGirl