DeSean Jackson, Philadelphia Eagle (PIMP)

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 26, 2008, 07:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Andy's gonna sign him and nj.com gets sued for defamation.

Rome

On a scale of 1-10 with 1 being in a self-induced cough syrup coma and 10 being thisclose to committing a string of East Texas road rage homicides, where does Jay fall right now?

I'm thinking 8.47.

Diomedes

Unless nj.com outright lied, that's a losing case. 

My point is simple:  from the Eagles point of view, severing ties to Jackson was the only choice once they knew/believed that in addition to the guy being a dumb pain in the ass, he's also gang affiliated.

I'm most interested in their thinking about cutting him outright rather than dealing him.  Why not get a third or a fourth?  Surely some team would rather give up something like that and assume his contract rather than take the chances that they'll be able to beat out everyone else for his services once cut. 

Was it the case that no team would go for that?  If so, why?  Did all interested teams really think they would win the sweepstakes and they all called the FO's bluff?  Or did they all know/believe that the guy is tainted, and so sure they're interested in him, but not for that contract and not for any picks...only on a new deal that they might negotiate..

Did the Eagles really tell all possible trade partners everything they know about the player and why they are separating from him?  If so, why?  Was it that they have to deal with these teams long term no matter what, so they don't want to burn anyone and thereby farg their future chances of dealing with that team/GM again for a long time?

Pretty interesting shtein, can't wait to see where he lands/how much he's paid, etc.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

like ive been saying and like marcellus wiley said today just about anyone and everyone who is from south central is "affiliated" with a gang...pimps stupidity was throwing it on social media all the time....the eagles knew he had crip friends when they drafted him....they also knew when they caked him off 24 months ago with a new deal
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Rome on March 28, 2014, 08:22:16 PM
On a scale of 1-10 with 1 being in a self-induced cough syrup coma and 10 being thisclose to committing a string of East Texas road rage homicides, where does Jay fall right now?

I'm thinking 8.47.

You're pretty close.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 28, 2014, 08:29:37 PM
like ive been saying and like marcellus wiley said today just about anyone and everyone who is from south central is "affiliated" with a gang...pimps stupidity was throwing it on social media all the time....the eagles knew he had crip friends when they drafted him....they also knew when they caked him off 24 months ago with a new deal

Derrick Ward said the same thing. He even made the point how Chip was always recruiting south central kids for Oregon so he knows whats up.

Now we're seeing people say he blew off meetings to hang with friends and shtein.

Still no comment from the holier than thou front office.

ice grillin you

they wont comment they will leak

publicly they will wish him all the best moving forward

Diomedes

Today I learned that just about everyone in South Central is gang affiliated.  I'll file that next to just about all blacks are lazy in my 'things everyone knows' folder.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

actually the more I think about it the more I bet they don't even leak....that nj.com hit piece does everything for them....at least half the fan base wanted him gone before they found out he was a boy in the hood....the chorus is only going to get bigger now

ice grillin you

Quote from: Diomedes on March 28, 2014, 08:54:48 PM
Today I learned that just about everyone in South Central is gang affiliated.  I'll file that next to just about all blacks are lazy in my 'things everyone knows' folder.

you could learn a lot if you removed yourself from the folk music hipster bubble you live in

Eagles_Legendz

There's nothing defamatory in that article that would withstand a lawsuit unless they blatantly lied talking to Crosson etc which I highly doubt.  Speculative maybe, hit piece, okay, but saying he was affiliated with gang members via photographs and posting those photos isn't defamation.

ice grillin you

i wonder what the ladies on the view think about having given all that love to a rollin 60

PhillyPhreak54

I have a dream that whenever the Eagles have any type of PC that they're hammered with questions about this until they comment.

"We'd like to introduce our first round draft pick Johnny Sucksatfootball...any questions?"

And then unleash the hounds.

Diomedes

It's one thing to grow up in the hood and another to run with gang bangers.  It's one thing to know some kids who are in gangs and another to throw signs with them on Instagram.  It's one thing to represent your neighborhood and another entirely to show gang symbols while in uniform on television.

We're talking about at best a very stupid obstinate man who refused to grow up and got his ass fired for it.  At best.

The Eagles didn't discover his gang shtein yesterday.  He likely had plenty of warnings to knock that shtein off. 

If this guy throwing gang signs in uniform is okay, then Riley ought to be allowed to hang a dixie flag towel from his hip.

It's farging ludicrous to say that this gang shtein is anything other than unacceptable.

PhillyPhreak54

Maybe if he only had a DUI, beat the shtein out of his woman and dragged her ass across the floor or stabbed someone at a Super Bowl party? Then he'd be a-ok!

BTW...

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Police-DeSean-Jackson-Didnt-Lie-About-Stolen-Money-252987091.html?_osource=SocialFlowTwt_PHBrand