DeSean Jackson, Philadelphia Eagle (PIMP)

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 26, 2008, 07:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shorebird

DAMMITT MAN!! I must have deleted it last night.

PhillyPhreak54

I thought he left his feet too soon. If he runs through it, IMO, he brings it in.

Feva

"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

QB Eagles

The guy's a rookie WR who has been playing with the Eagles QBs for a month. Given those facts, the show he's been putting on is incredible. I'm still much more worried about his ability to take NFL hits than his talent. Not many WRs come into the league as fully formed players. He'll clear up some of those mistakes and keep getting better.

ice grillin you

im still baffled as to how anyone could see that play and think it wasnt over thrown

we are talking about the pass down the sideline around the 15 right?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Yep.

He had a shot to catch the ball but he left his feet too soon. If he keeps running he catches it.

Munson

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 17, 2008, 01:25:02 PM
Yep.

He had a shot to catch the ball but he left his feet too soon. If he keeps running he catches it.

Exactly. I said it as soon as the play was over.

"McNabb overthrew Jackson a bit, but Jackson very badly mistimed his dive."
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

shorebird

Quote from: QB Eagles on August 17, 2008, 01:02:51 PM
The guy's a rookie WR who has been playing with the Eagles QBs for a month. Given those facts, the show he's been putting on is incredible. I'm still much more worried about his ability to take NFL hits than his talent. Not many WRs come into the league as fully formed players. He'll clear up some of those mistakes and keep getting better.

I thought it was a nice double move to get open. You can see from just two games he has as much talent as any receiver on the team. I just would have loved to seen him haul that pass in.

Quote from: Munson on August 17, 2008, 03:38:59 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 17, 2008, 01:25:02 PM
Yep.

Exactly. I said it as soon as the play was over.

"McNabb overthrew Jackson a bit, but Jackson very badly mistimed his dive."

Dive? I remember him leaving his feet, which slowed him up a bit, but don't remember any dive.

Munson

To me it looked like he couldn't decide between jumping and diving and just grossly mistimed it altogether.

But that'll come with timing as he grows with McNabb this year. If he works up to 3rd on the depth chart, I think he could catch 30 passes this year. God knows Reid throws it enough to do so.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

mpmcgraw

If Jackson isn't already third on the depth chart Reid should be castrated.

Actually given how his first two kids turned out he should probably be castrated anyway.

shorebird

He's not even on any depth chart at WR that I've seen, just PR.

mussa

He def. could of gotten to that ball...I was watching it with my  roomates and we all were like...how the hell didn't he get that it was a perfectly thrown football...it looked like he hesitated slightly and lost momentum. that should of gone for 6 easily. im thinking maybe the rain had something to do with it. it was pouring on that play.

who am i kidding farg MCNABB!
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Feva

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 17, 2008, 01:04:20 PM
im still baffled as to how anyone could see that play and think it wasnt over thrown

we are talking about the pass down the sideline around the 15 right?

I didn't say it wasn't overthrown... it clearly was.  Just that Jackson was running it down while it was in the air and got to the point where if he had either kept running or timed his dive better, he may have been able to get to it.

Had he caught it, it would have been a case of Jackson's speed saving a "bad" pass from McNabb.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

PhillyPhreak54

Cowboys fan on Martellus Bennett vs.  DeSean Jackson

QuoteBennett is going to be a hell of a lot better than Jackson.