Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

very careful wording there but it doesnt sound amazing for him to be back playing RF...i need to talk to john and see whats up here.

also ive decided i want carlos correa not stupid ass trea turner
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

PhillyPhreak54

Eflin to Tampa

3yrs $40m

PhillyPhreak54

Not that it matters but Gibson is gone too - Baltimore on a 1yr deal

PhillyPhreak54

Trea Turner, Philadelphia Phillie

11 years $300 million

Rome

MDS

so his OPS dropped 100 points from 21 to 22 and he was terrible in aug/sept/oct. hes already 30 and grades out as an average at best defender.

but hes also very fast and a huge improvement from jean segura/didi gregorious and its $300 million of money that isnt mine

LETS GO
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Munson

Let's farging go

farg it get Rodon too
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SD

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on December 05, 2022, 02:57:41 PM
Trea Turner, Philadelphia Phillie

11 years $300 million

11 years is a lot longer than I thought they'd go but who farging cares they landed the best SS on the market. A decent starter and 2 solid bp arms and we're good to go.

PhillyPhreak54

Another meeting in Houston next year!

SD

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on December 05, 2022, 04:10:42 PM
Another meeting in Houston next year!

All In. That was an amazing experience.

PhillyPhreak54

I'll be ready. We'll get Todd to come down too and he can have his sugar daddy John hook us up.

Hopefully Turner is good for 5 years of this deal. Because when he's 38 and hitting .178 it'll be ugly.

MDS

the goal next year is for the middleton PJ

the thing about 2028-2032 for them is yes they will have $52 mil tied up to 2 fossils but harper likely will still be usable as a DH and theyll have $200+ to spend on other shtein. not ideal to have that much tied up in aged out geezers but not impossible to overcome.

i would not go around thinking theyre going to give $30 mil out to rodon. anticipate a mid rotation starter like jose quintana. theyll add 1 bullpen piece, but it could be anywhere from kenley jansen to reupping d rob.

Munson

I was mostly kidding about the Rodon thing, but hey if his injury hisotry has teams nervous and the Phils can get him on like a 2-4 year deal out of some miracle, I'd love it. But yeah I assume we're getting some 3rd-5th guy in the rotation rather than a 1 or 2.

That being said...
https://twitter.com/crossingbroad/status/1599930409508216832 46&t=tIWutUNBx020ajE5wqgPPw

Let the rumor mill begin!
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MDS

gelb's piece on the turner signing was terrific...such good detail. if you like the phillies i cant pimp his shtein enough.