Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

You mean you don't have his number too?!

PhillyPhreak54

Sounds like they may be calling the game tonight. Which sucks.

Wonder how they fit this in now?

G3 Tu
G4 We
G5 Th - going up against the Eagles?

QB Eagles

Deep playoff runs in baseball take over your life like nothing else in sports. 3-4 hours of appointment TV almost every day, most of which are spent in sphincter clench mode. And during the WS the only off days are when the Eagles play.

Glad I'm on the West Coast and mostly work from home so that my sleep isn't getting annihilated like the old days.

PhillyPhreak54

That is accurate.

My girl was like "well maybe we can watch a show when...next week? And that's if you're not watching every football on tv." Salty as hell but I don't care.

Munson

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 31, 2022, 03:14:02 PM
Sounds like they may be calling the game tonight. Which sucks.

Wonder how they fit this in now?

G3 Tu
G4 We
G5 Th - going up against the Eagles?

The flip side is a PP tonight means you are set up to do Ranger-Nola-Wheeler-BP game-Ranger for the next 5 games if need be
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SD

Quote from: QB Eagles on October 31, 2022, 03:14:06 PM
Deep playoff runs in baseball take over your life like nothing else in sports. 3-4 hours of appointment TV almost every day, most of which are spent in sphincter clench mode. And during the WS the only off days are when the Eagles play.

Glad I'm on the West Coast and mostly work from home so that my sleep isn't getting annihilated like the old days.

Myself and every person I knows world revolves around the Phillies right now. It's Halloween for fargs sake...didn't realize it till the girl I'm dating texted me.

Don Ho

So true!!  My wife and I got up at 6:45 AM to watch the Eagles yesterday and I don't think we've ever been so disengaged from an Eagles game in our lives.  Finally in the fourth quarter I said "what do you think of the game?" and she said "it was actually kind of boring"

It's been Phillies 24/7 the past 5 weeks.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

And speaking of Halloween, no f'ing candy to be found!  Every store in our area is wiped out.  Thank God for Costco and 60 count Rice Krispies treats!
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

QB Eagles

They met to make a rain delay decision, and only decided to meet again later.

Feels like it's gonna be a call off. I know this helps the rotation, but with the vibes so high I want them to play the games as scheduled.

PhillyPhreak54

Same.

I want to play.

Munson

On one hand it sets the rotation up better, on the other hand, maybe it's better to make their 3rd starter try to slop his way through a rainy night.

Also, would they skip the travel day? If so, then you'd be...really in trouble for games 6 AND 7 if necessary. If they do keep the travel day, that would put game 7 on Sunday against football
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

QB Eagles

It's either go up against Philly and Houston football on Thursday or up against the rest of football on Sunday. Weird TV scenario and neither one ideal for Fox. Probably why they are waiting until the last moment to call off the game.

Or if money talks enough, maybe they go Tues-Wed-Fri in PHI and Sat-Mon (or even Tues) in HOU if necessary.

SD

Stros team bus pulled up to CBP, Phillies fans called them cheaters. Verlander gave em the finger. That's just the outside bud...wait'll game time.

QB Eagles

Or according to Nightengale they just don't care about the NFL

https://twitter.com/bnightengale/status/1587176816451764225 46&t=WipwwM_kCuS-2vRtsljrgA

Funny thing is they intentionally scheduled this year to avoid football except on Monday night

"Obviously, we didn't want to go head to head with the NFL on multiple nights," Bill Wanger, Fox Sports executive vice president and head of programming and scheduling, tells USA TODAY Sports. "If you said, let's start the World Series on a Thursday, you'd potentially be going head-to-head with the NFL on four nights.

QB Eagles

Delayed the decision again until the next meeting at 6:45, should have an update at 7. Kind of a farg you to the fans either way to delay the decision that long.