Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Quote from: Rome on June 27, 2019, 10:31:14 AMuntil they get their pitching staff squared away,

they have the 15th best ERA and 18th best OPS but the problem is nick pivetta

i fundamentally do not understand how people can look at this team and say ohhh its gabe, its the bullpen, its vince velasquez. they were designed to be OK pitching wise (they are) and to be dominant hitting wise (they are not).
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

In the last 10 games the Phillies pitching staff has given up the following number of runs:

15 -L
6 - L
2 - L
7 - L
2 - L
5 - L
6 - L
7 - W
5 - W
4 - W

That's 5.9 runs per game they've given up. 

But you're right - the pitching is just fine. 

PS: The hitting sucked too.  No shtein.  Didn't say it didn't.  But you can't win giving up those many runs night after night.

ice grillin you

what a dirty inning by Nola
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

ice grillin you

yikes....not a good look

carlos santana  .290/.411/.541 
bryce harper     .246/.364/.457

ice grillin you

ice grillin you

nico (high leverage) time!

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Rome

There is little in this world that makes me laugh harder than a whiny New Yorker crying about the LOL's. 

PhillyPhreak54

Team ailing? Play the Mets and your problems are solved. Better sweep the goddamn Marlins too.

Jean Jean The Hit Machine.

MDS

Quote from: Rome on June 27, 2019, 12:22:35 PM
That's 5.9 runs per game they've given up. 

thats a sample size of 10 games and a sample size of the worst stretch that theyve played. overall the pitching has been league average which is about where you expected it to be, even with the injuries. if anything theyve over performed.

the team was designed to have adequate pitching and superior hitting. this is more or less what the braves have done. the pitching is whatever and their lineup is out of this world. so theyre winning.

the phillies pitching would need to be improved as the season went along and they knew that coming in. the hitting has not been superior. the pitching has been adequate.

but now bamboo so
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

You know you love it.

MDS

we dont know yet if the mets cured them or if the mets are so bad their suck temporarily over took the phillies crumble

im kind of thinking its the latter and theyll get swept out again by the marlins

anyway i also want to mention that t mac's call of the walk off was terrible my god it was terrible