Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

There is a stupid rumor going around WIP that Bernie Parent yes Bernie Parent! He was telling people he was throwing out the first pitch tonight.  Utley living in London could have been an issue but Bernie Parent?  Most in attendance would say "Bernie who?" (Proud to say even this dumb Hawaiian knows who Parent is) JRoll Tuesday?  Cole Wednesday? Cholly?
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

QuoteThe Phillies have 5 saves in the postseason, each by a different pitcher. (And none by the pitcher who led them in regular season saves).

They've joined the 2020 Dodgers as the only teams to have 5 pitchers record a postseason save.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

so my wife and I hit Costco in our neighborhood this evening and I wore my red Phillies Bryce harper T-shirt.  It was incredible how many people stopped me and said "go Phillies!"  Two Yankees fans, a Giants fan, and a dodgers fan were only ones in any kind of booster apparel but you can only imagine the tirades the one Yankee (who happened to be an employee) and Dodger fan went on.

Ironically the one guy I saw in a Phillies hat was kind of a douche bag. I got all excited and gave him a fist pump and said "let's kick these bastiches ass" and he gives me a weak ass head nod like he was too cool.  guess I won't be partying with that guy after any Philly sports victories.

PhillyPhreak54

I cannot wait for tonight.

Utley lives in London?

PhillyPhreak54

Changed gloves (black to brown to black)
Wiping inside his glove hand
Wiping his hands off prior to the umps checking him

Astros fans are triggered

https://twitter.com/joshreynolds24/status/1586533256085704704 46&t=IotYw9n6IGzZJwncCFPNxQ

Geowhizzer

Somehow, Jon Heyman wrote an article to say this:

QuoteAnyway, let's lay off the Astros now. I understand some folks are annoyed that their players technically went unpunished in the 2017 scandal in which an intricate cheating system was used leading up to the organization's lone World Series championship. But it's been five years. I'd say, considering culpability, their current players have taken enough abuse.

While leading off with this:

QuoteAnd don't forget, this is the city that booed Santa Claus. (They say that's exaggerated, but as someone who once wore a Cheesehead for an end zone seat at a Packers-Eagles playoff game, I know they can get a little crazy there.)

PhillyPhreak54

farg him

I hope the Phillies sweep these next three

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Don Ho on October 31, 2022, 02:39:18 AM
There is a stupid rumor going around WIP that Bernie Parent yes Bernie Parent! He was telling people he was throwing out the first pitch tonight.  Utley living in London could have been an issue but Bernie Parent?  Most in attendance would say "Bernie who?" (Proud to say even this dumb Hawaiian knows who Parent is) JRoll Tuesday?  Cole Wednesday? Cholly?

Partially true!

Bernie
Dr J
Schmitty
BG

All throwing one tonight

QB Eagles

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 31, 2022, 11:57:03 AM
Quote from: Don Ho on October 31, 2022, 02:39:18 AM

Partially true!

Bernie
Dr J
Schmitty
BG

All throwing one tonight

Notably all guys who won championships

SD

Got home at 5am. Coffee'd Up and ready. LFG!

PhillyPhreak54

I am dragging ass. I didn't see one play of the SNF game - fell asleep in the chair.

Geowhizzer

SD

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 31, 2022, 12:40:50 PM
I am dragging ass. I didn't see one play of the SNF game - fell asleep in the chair.

We ran across the street to Pappadeaux and watched a lot of it from there...food was legit. I need to detox.

CBP's going to be nutso.

PhillyPhreak54

Nice - yeah, I like that place quite a bit.

I texted my buddy Ryan that I needed once of those mobile IV hangover trucks to show up at the office today.

phattymatty

you texted buddy ryan?