Philadelphia

Started by Diomedes, October 19, 2006, 12:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

MDS

950 is gonna pass 610. i love every second of it.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Seabiscuit36

they already have.  610 hasnt evolved in the least bit.  I love that 97.5 is available, i get WFAN's signal better than i get 610. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

MDS

well i meant in popularity. it was better the day they started.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on November 08, 2009, 01:29:57 PM
they already have.  610 hasnt evolved in the least bit.  I love that 97.5 is available, i get WFAN's signal better than i get 610. 

I know, how amazing is listening to sports radio in FM quality? Love it.

Cataldi can go pound sand. fargface.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

SunMo

you know that 97.5 will sign him if he leaves wip, right?
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Seabiscuit36

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

i thought they are supposed to be the anti wip.

plus im sure everyone would throw a shteinstorm if they got rid of mike and mike for angelo. im pretty people really like them.

SunMo

they want to go local where ever possible, they have had a couple of morning shows fail.  i hate the guy, but he gets big ratings and im sure 97.5 would love to have him and his audience base.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyGirl

They will lose their fanbase. The fans of that station go there to get AWAY from that shtein.

They advertise themselves to be the anti-WIP.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

MDS

angelo sucks. im pretty sure the 975 audience wants no part of him. a lot of the calls thank the station for being "another" voice.

it would also be a terrible pr move. theyd get killed.

BigEd76

Dave Roberts announced he's retiring on December 11

Seabiscuit36

wow, so its only Gardner is left from that 3.  ABC was my favorite news for years. 

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteDeath in Frankford ER took 11 minutes

By Alfred Lubrano, Tom Avril, and Robert Moran

Inquirer Staff Writers

The Frankford man who died while waiting to see a doctor in a Philadelphia emergency room, and whose watch was then stolen, appeared to have expired within 11 minutes of signing in, a police official said yesterday.

Capt. John McGinnis of Northeast Detectives said a security videotape from the Aria Health-Frankford Campus hospital clearly showed Joaquin Rivera, 63, going into distress at 10:56 p.m. Rivera struggles to breathe, brings his hand to his chest, then falls still in his seat.

Thirty-nine minutes later, one of three people in the waiting room stole Rivera's watch, McGinnis said.

It was only at 11:45 p.m., nearly 50 minutes after Rivera stopped moving, that hospital personnel noticed he appeared to be dead, a witness in the waiting room told police.

"He came in with symptoms of pains down his left arm, and when he appears to be dying, he has his hands over his chest, making me think he's having pains in his chest," McGinnis said. "It's assumptions on my part, but if you've watched people die, you can tell. In the tape, he doesn't move again."

Angered and upset by the turn of events, Wilfredo Rojas, a friend of the Rivera family's, said yesterday that "somebody dropped the ball" at the hospital. He said the Rivera family believed that personnel had changed shifts while Rivera awaited medical attention and that the incoming shift had not known of his condition.

McGinnis confirmed an 11 p.m. shift change but said it was not known whether it had anything to do with Rivera's death.

The case is under investigation by the state Department of Health, the hospital, and the Philadelphia Police Department.

The hospital declined to comment, citing patient confidentiality and the investigation. On Tuesday the hospital expressed "condolences to the patient's family. Aria officials are conducting an intensive internal investigation into this event," it said.

In November 2007 a woman who complained of chest pains and who had received an abnormal EKG reading also died in the emergency room's waiting area, according to a lawyer for her estate.

Jennifer Lynn Castro, 33, a mother of three, died 10 to 15 minutes after the EKG, having received no medication, said the lawyer, Phillip Gilligan, who is handling a lawsuit filed by Castro's estate.

"She was not dealt with in an efficient, efficacious way," Gilligan said. "She got the EKG and was told to sit down, and she died."

Castro had been suffering from chest pains for about a week, according to the lawsuit. After going back to the waiting room, she lost consciousness and slumped over in her seat. An autopsy revealed she had a 100 percent blockage of her left anterior descending artery, a major blood vessel, according to the complaint filed in May in Common Pleas Court.

The hospital did not respond to a request for comment on Castro's case.

In the theft of Rivera's watch, Richard Alten, 44, was arrested and charged with theft, receiving stolen property, and conspiracy. Police said they were still looking for a man and a woman. They described all three as homeless drug addicts.

In interviews yesterday, Rivera's family and friends talked about his last days.

Rivera, who friends said had been close to retirement, worked as a bilingual counseling assistant at Olney High School and was a popular guitarist in the city's Puerto Rican community. Friends described him as a hardworking role model.

Rivera had exercised regularly by walking an hour a day and had lost weight over the last years, friends said. He had high blood pressure and was taking medication for it but had no history of heart problems, his wife, Maria, 61, said.

But he had pain in his left arm last week and sought medical attention, Maria Rivera said.

He asked a doctor to administer an electrocardiogram to monitor his heart, said Roger Zepernick, Rivera's friend and the assistant to the pastor at Christ Church and St. Ambrose in North Philadelphia.

"The doctor said he didn't need it," Zepernick said. Rivera then returned home.

On Saturday, the day he died, Rivera went to Zepernick's church to help put up Christmas decorations, Maria Rivera said.

He again complained about pain on his left side, including his torso and neck, Zepernick said.

The president of the church offered to drive Rivera to the hospital, but he refused, Zepernick added.

"He looked tired," he said.

Rivera's son Joaquin Jr. said yesterday that he last saw his father around 9 p.m. Saturday. The elder Rivera was in bed, complaining of pain from his left shoulder through the left side of his chest and abdomen.

"I don't feel too good," the son recalled his father saying. But his father was hoping to sleep it off. "He had no interest in going anywhere," Joaquin Rivera Jr. said.

The son then went out for the evening and later learned that his father had died.

"Right now, we have to bury him," Maria Rivera said, adding that her husband would be buried with his guitar and signature white hat.

She said she could not bear to watch the news and had only briefly watched the surveillance video. At the mention of that, she teared up. "There's nobody there," she said of the waiting room. "It was empty."

She said she still had not heard from the hospital.

In describing the death of his friend Rojas, a past president of the National Congress for Puerto Rican Rights, said yesterday that local hospitals in low-income and working-class communities "need to have trained individuals in the ERs who can actually identify someone who is in critical need of being seen."

Medical personnel working in North Philadelphia say Aria is among several city hospitals that have been increasingly busy since Northeastern Hospital closed in the middle of the year.

What kind of sick motherfarger do you have to be to jack a dying/dead person?! farging scumbags.

And the hospital better go on and open up the check book now. This is the second incident.