i need you this week J bird
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

I'm doing well so far...lets see if my collection of stiffs can keep it up

ice grillin you

QuoteNo Medals Yet...
Amazingly, Hentz has not earned ANY medals in this league.

PhillyPhreak54

ice grillin you

need a fantasy baseball player this year if anyone is down

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

phattymatty

I want to start a Rona League - I actually like rotisserie better then head to head but I'm down with whatever.  I have never wanted to look at box scores more than right now. 

What do most people like, rotisserie or head to head?

PhillyPhreak54

I'm cool with whatever. Count me in.

MDS

matty drunkenly wanting to start a fantasy baseball league after the season started is pretty on brand
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Dads been in the same fantasy baseball league for almost 20 years...there was an opening so I got in. Anyone else do fantasy baseball? Best guesses are Todd and maybe Jay. Had #2 overall..took Judge. Trea went #1 overall.

PhillyPhreak54

I haven't played one in a couple years. I wanted to get back into one this season but time slipped by too fast.

Next year I'll def be in for one though

Munson

I've been doing a keeper league with my buddies from hs for years now. I still don't think I'm very good at it haha. We do daily lineups and transactions, so it's a monster. I have won the league twice, including once before it was a keeper. I also did my first NFBC last year and did alright, did the best ball cutline league and made the first cut in it
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SD

It's a daily waiver deal...I'm still trying to figure everything out. For your starting pitchers do you constantly swap your bench pitchers out for other teams starters? For instance I have 4 pitchers on my bench...some of them I don't mind parting with...if say a lesser teams 3/4/5 is starting are you constantly trying to fill that pitching spot to build stats or do you just stick with what you have? For pitchers the 3 stats are walks + hits/inning, era, strikeouts. The other are for saves/holds. I get shteintier pitchers will drop era and whip but they'll add strikeouts.

MDS

is it roto or h2h? if h2h its more matchup oriented...like if youre behind in starts its not wrong to be aggressive and catch up with streams or a double starter. if its roto its more about the macro so you wouldnt be doing much of that.

ive been in the same league for 10 years. keepers, fairly competitive. 4 3rd place finishes and last year a 4th. i am the absolute master of pooping my pants in the semifinals. im pretty consistently good just that 1 week my team collapses.

if you do keepers, id recommend walker buehler. might be back late in the year but hes an ace pitcher for cheap in 24 if you can stash

SD

H2h...forgot to add wins/QS as a pitching stat. The projections and scoring grid finally showed up in cbs app so it's starting to make a bit more sense.