Video game thread

Started by mussa, March 15, 2005, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

really?  that's a bummer.

after playing RDD I thought, "you know, one of those idiotic looking hunting games might actually be pretty good if it's like this with more animals, etc"

oh well.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Munson

Quote from: mussa on October 30, 2010, 09:58:19 AM
Like there wasn't enough WW2 games for you? Jesus christ thats all there was for years.

Here are the kill streak rewards for Black Ops:

3    Spy Plane -  Shows enemies on the mini-map (destructible).
3    RC-XD -  Remote controlled car strapped with explosives (destructible and has a time limit).
4    Counter-Spy Plane - Temporarily disables enemy mini-map.
4    SAM Turret - Airdrop a placeable SAM turret that destroys aircraft.
5    Care Package - Airdrop a random killstreak, Special Weapon, or ammo crate.
5    Napalm Strike - Airstrike that covers an area in fire which burns for a set period of time.
6    Sentry Gun - Airdrop a placeable Sentry Gun.
6    Mortar Team - Targets three locations to bombard with Mortar Strikes.
7    Attack Helicopter - Call in a Cobra attack helicopter (Non-flyable and destructible)
7    Valkyrie Rockets - Launcher with two remote controlled rockets.
8    Blackbird - Call in an SR-71 Blackbird recon plane revealing enemies and their direction on the mini-map (not destructible).
8    Rolling Thunder - Call in a B-52 Carpet Bombing.
9    Chopper Gunner - Control of a door-mounted minigun from inside a Huey helicopter (destructible).
11    Attack Dogs - Call in a pack of vicious attack dogs.
11    Gunship - Pilot a Hind attack helicopter (destructible). The pilot has rockets and a machine gun. The same HUD as the helicopter in the mission "Payback" is used for this killstreak.

And apparently you can dive to prone position in this game. Thats pretty sweet IMO, they also made it so you can't instantly start shooting when you dive into prone, so it doesn't turn into everyone diving, there is a slight delay to keep that from happening.

Yes, but on the newer systems there really haven't been any as good as CoD. Medal Of Honor back in the day for PS1 was good, but that was a good 10-12 years ago I feel like.

I'm just a huge history nerd, especially WWII, so I love games in that time period.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

The BIGSTUD

The Xbox Live update is out. The new interface is pretty sleek although the avatar looks a little weird now and some settings and options are moved around.

The ESPN thing is cool though. Your ISP needs to support ESPN3. Comcrap does, so I checked around and it's pretty cool so far. Seems to load nice and smoothly so far and the quality is good. You need to download a couple updates to work it though.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

Zanshin

I tried to download the ESPN application and it crashed the xbox. I'll try it again later.

I picked up that Red Dead Redemption add-on, by the way. If you liked RDR and like to kill zombies, it's well worth the $10.

SD

Finished Fable 3 on evil, not a bad game. Traded it in for The Force Unleashed 2, so far it's better graphically and smoother as far as gameplay goes.

phattymatty

i picked up the new MMA game last week...pretty fun. i've never played any of the older ones before so this is totally new to me. it starts out kind of easy in the minor leagues, but then its gets super hard. i'm more of a button masher and this kind of game definitely takes more patience. still fun though.

Zanshin

Is it one of those things where you have to do button combos for certain moves? Like Tekken, or something?

Seabiscuit36

i love the new COD commercial
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

BigEd76

That new Kinect thing for XBOX is awesome.  You see a black-and-white heat sensor icon in the lower right of the screen and it looks like Predator when you're moving around.  Navigating games without any controllers is pretty cool.  Supposedly the thing has trouble picking up black people though....

phattymatty

Quote from: Zanshin on November 08, 2010, 11:58:07 AM
Is it one of those things where you have to do button combos for certain moves? Like Tekken, or something?

yeah, there are certain special moves that you obtain as you get further in the game and it depends on what typr of fighter you are...and there are some precision/timing things that i'm not used to in order to get good ground position on guys. and there's a stamina meter which goes down quick when you just start swinging wildly like i do.

but it's really fun to catch a dude with a good punch, known him down, and then just go wild on his face. very stress relieving.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: BigEd76 on November 08, 2010, 12:14:29 PM
That new Kinect thing for XBOX is awesome.  You see a black-and-white heat sensor icon in the lower right of the screen and it looks like Predator when you're moving around.  Navigating games without any controllers is pretty cool.  Supposedly the thing has trouble picking up black people though....

I bet it would work better if the sensor was blue and red.

BigEd76

ah...apparently they're blaming it on "lighting issues"

Diomedes

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on November 08, 2010, 11:59:27 AM
i love the new COD commercial

the black OPs one with Bryant and Kimmel?  agreed...awesome commercial...makes me almost want to get the game and actually try an online shooter again

then I remember the last time I tried that and found it's just a bunch of foul mouthed children, cheaters, and insanely good players with nothing better to do than play games all day and night long...

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Diomedes on November 08, 2010, 01:21:46 PM
then I remember the last time I tried that and found it's just a bunch of foul mouthed children, cheaters, and insanely good players with nothing better to do than play games all day and night long...

Pretty much the entire reason I've completely avoided online gaming.  The few people  I know who are somewhat regular online gamers are constantly complaining about everything you mentioned.  I can't figure out for the life of me why they keep logging on for a couple hours each week when they spend twice as much time complaining about it.   

Diomedes

Sony and Microsoft need to develop No Hippos maps/servers.