Video game thread

Started by mussa, March 15, 2005, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: SunMo on January 09, 2009, 12:08:25 PM
wii games blow though, other than guitar hero there is nothing i want to play

Don't they have it for XBox anyway?

I enjoy the Wii stuff, but even when I played more video games, I was never a "gamer" as many of you are.

Seabiscuit36

I really dont play the Wii unless we have friends over.  I play my 360 all the time
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

mussa

the other factor for 360 is its been out a good year or 2 before the wii and PS3 so sales are way higher
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

rjs246

I literally cannot imagine a more boring topic of conversation.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: rjs246 on January 09, 2009, 01:38:09 PM
RJS would love Left 4 Dead
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PoopyfaceMcGee

Whatever you say, Savory.

rjs246

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on January 09, 2009, 01:39:58 PM
RJS would love Left 4 Dead

Now that is a conversation I can get behind. I've heard great things.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Seabiscuit36

Zombie Mode on COD5 is pretty good too, but Left 4 Dead is supposed to be one of the best games of the year.  I havent had the chance yet to pick it up. 

mussa

well it seems my xbox took a shtein. got the 3 red ring of death. what do I have to do to get a new one?
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Zanshin

You have to give them a call.  The number is on the microsoft site.  They'll try a couple of things to fix it, which invariably won't work, then they'll email you a UPS postage thing.  You box up the xbox (and nothing else-- you keep the hard drive) and take it to a UPS store or an Office Depot to ship out.  In my case, Microsoft got mine and didn't attempt to fix it, they just sent a refurb out on that same day.  Whole process takes about a week and a half/two weeks.

Zanshin

All of the above is assuming you're still within the three-year warranty window.  They didn't give me a hard time at all.

shorebird

Not to mention that the refurbed one you get might only last 6 months like my boys did.

SunMo

yeah, i'm on my 4th one, this one finally seems to be ok
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

SD_Eagle5

I'm only on my second one but honestly I haven't played my refurbed one as much. Getting the 3 rings is actually a blessing considering you'll get it fixed for free, my boy had 1 ring in the lower quadrant and it wasn't covered.

mussa

I just signed in microsoft live and went through the request a repair. Says it's covered for the red ring. Mine has 3 lights. I'm going to ship it to them.

Weird thing is i just had turned it on and got into a game of COD5 online and it just froze during play. I couldn't get to dashboard. I rebooted and it did it 2 more times, then it got the rings. Game over

Ahhh good ol microsoft products