Video game thread

Started by mussa, March 15, 2005, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chuck_chillout

I just played gta4 mutilplayer for the first time last night. I'm getting a lap dance and see an invitation to online, check my cell phone and hop in the game... lol. Online is all mussa said though, awesome game. Its the only game were I'm laughing at the way I got killed.  Offline  I haven't done much but run from cops and watch tv. The writing for some of those shows isn't half bad.

New 360 Madden 09 trailer http://www.gametrailers.com/player/33493.html

Looks like the same old game. 
Madden Football League

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Zanshin

Quote from: chuck_chillout on May 02, 2008, 10:31:41 AM
I just played gta4 mutilplayer for the first time last night. I'm getting a lap dance and see an invitation to online, check my cell phone and hop in the game... lol. Online is all mussa said though, awesome game. Its the only game were I'm laughing at the way I got killed.  Offline  I haven't done much but run from cops and watch tv. The writing for some of those shows isn't half bad.

It's hard to tell.  I'd be happy if they streamlined the gameplay to be more like it was on the PS2, fixed the player progression in the franchise mode, and killed the LB superman ints.  And I can't see that from the video.  Keeping the fingers crossed, though.  I used to play the crap out of the PS2 version.  I still play on the 360, but it annoys me as often as not when I do.

SD_Eagle5

After owning an Xbox for 6 years I finally got Live yesterday. Username is sdeagle5

I played COD4 for a half hour this morning and am already a Lance Corporal. Go me.

mussa

me and sme friends were playing gta4 te other night....we took turns taking the helicopter up as high as it would go and then jumping out and trying to land in a fountain...the landings were pretty funny. i finally nailed it...died instantly
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Seabiscuit36

the strip club dances are ridiculous, if you get two in a row, you get the private dance for 250... funny as hell, i followed that expensive trip to the club with two hookers, and gave them a shotty to the face. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Seabiscuit36

mussa

Quote from: Zanshin on May 02, 2008, 04:13:27 PM
Quote from: chuck_chillout on May 02, 2008, 10:31:41 AM

It's hard to tell.  I'd be happy if they streamlined the gameplay to be more like it was on the PS2, fixed the player progression in the franchise mode, and killed the LB superman ints.  And I can't see that from the video.  Keeping the fingers crossed, though.  I used to play the crap out of the PS2 version.  I still play on the 360, but it annoys me as often as not when I do.

They ruined Madden at EA. The next gen leap just doesn't feel right. i don't know how many parts they took out and parts where it just got worse.

player progression is one. not being able to set-up players in the diff. formations is another. i used to love how easy it was to get draft classes and then load them on the PS2...now Microsoft basically bans that...making your progression in franchise worthless with fake players...
the movements in the last ps2 version were almost perfect. no more running past people trying to tackle them, realistic lines to the ball carrier. easy to use hit sticks and juke moves. all the went to shtein with the next gen...all new movement, sometime difficult hit stick...its really easy to totally whiff on a tackle...or run past a player...just really frustrating stuff. int's and fumbles happen waaaay too much...you basically have to tweak the INT;s to 0 in sliders...fumbles happen even if your player is very prone to fumbling. the old computer 4th quarter play seems to be even more ridiculous...impossible to stop no matter who at times. while the added difficulty is nice sometimes and makes it somewhat realistic...it really takes the fun out of the game.

i used to play the ps2 version for hours and days...this version i might of played 30 games...never got through one franchise...this is the first year i might skip madden. i am really just fed up with all the hype and promises EA blows up your ass. it just goes to show EA is a business and all they care about is making more money by putting out slightly diff versions every year, with some new features that don't mean shtein.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Seabiscuit36

last year i loved madded at first, then slowly began noticing how farged up it was. 

SunMo

NCAA is still great though
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: SunMo on May 05, 2008, 11:01:29 AM
NCAA is still great though
yep, it amazes me how EA makes the gameplay so good in one game, and the other is trash.  Im just waiting for them to farg up NCAA now

Diomedes

NFL2k5 is still great

I been enjoying an RPG/Puzzle game called Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords.  It marries a Tetris/Snood puzzle gameplay with the normal RPG elements of increasing skills, weapons, spells, etc.   
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: Diomedes on May 05, 2008, 09:05:06 PM
NFL2k5 is still great

I been enjoying an RPG/Puzzle game called Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords.  It marries a Tetris/Snood puzzle gameplay with the normal RPG elements of increasing skills, weapons, spells, etc.   
are you still playing on regular xbox dio?  if so i have games i can throw your way

Diomedes

PS2, purchased brand new a year ago

xbox died awhile back
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Seabiscuit36

shtein, oh well... i have some old Grand Theft autos if you want those, for ps2