Video game thread

Started by mussa, March 15, 2005, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quasimoto

Quote from: MURP on September 07, 2007, 11:54:22 PM
wtf... is this real?

http://bcfxgame.com/trailer.htm

Interesting.  Are they going to have actual schools like Grambling, Alabama A&T, etc??  I always wondered why they took those schools out of the recent NCAA games.  I like playing as Grambling from time to time and beating USC or something like that.

mussa

Rented BioShock - the game is absolutly one of the coolest, if not the coolest game i have ever played. Everything about it is great. Only thing it is missing is a multi-player online. Other than that 5/5. Game of the Year if Halo 3 or Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare doesn't take it.   :yay :yay
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Diomedes

It doesn't bother anyone that when you die fighting something in Bioshock, the damage you did is not healed after you re-spawn?  All you gotta do is go and finish off whatever you hadn't done the first time round.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Diomedes on September 12, 2007, 06:52:20 PM
It doesn't bother anyone that when you die fighting something in Bioshock, the damage you did is not healed after you re-spawn?  All you gotta do is go and finish off whatever you hadn't done the first time round.

No, unless you're playing on easy. The Big Daddy's are a chore to beat even after they've taken a lot of damage, and your standard enemy is faster than usual. If you don't use the proper ammunition a regular enemy can take a while to beat.

Diomedes

This point I make is the only thing I've read about the game that is even remotely critical.  It seems like a way to make the game easy to finish for anyone..you just gotta grind away if you don't have skillz...but I also haven't heard anyone complaining about it.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MadMarchHare

Diablo 2 was the same way with the final boss.  I always thought that was kind of lame.
Anyone but Reid.

SD_Eagle5

From start to finish on medium it took me 25 hours. I chose the good way which is harder and takes longer because you save the little sisters rather than harvest them for their atoms (the more atom you get the easier it is to power up)

Seabiscuit36

My 360 was received at the TX repair center Monday, the website changed my Serial # and gave me this message?

# Repair Status: Waiting for Device at Service Center

# Carrier Name: NULL
# Carrier Tracking Number: 20070912

I called tonight, but talking to their customer service is horrible considering they only know a few english phrases
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SD_Eagle5

Seabiscuit RROD?

From what I've seen on other boards they're not fixing them anymore but instead sending new ones that don't crash - most likely you're getting a new one, probably one thats HDMI capatable.

SunMo

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on September 12, 2007, 08:58:28 PM
My 360 was received at the TX repair center Monday, the website changed my Serial # and gave me this message?

I called tonight, but talking to their customer service is horrible considering they only know a few english phrases

i had that message when they knew they were getting it, once they got it, the message changed to "Device Received at Service Center" it's been that way for about a week now
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: SD_Eagle on September 12, 2007, 09:01:13 PM
Seabiscuit RROD?

From what I've seen on other boards they're not fixing them anymore but instead sending new ones that don't crash - most likely you're getting a new one, probably one thats HDMI capatable.
nah, just freezing up when switching thru blades, especially sending messages and looking at music.  Plus disc read errors.  If they are upgrading to the HDMI's i'll be happy to wait longer.  The dude i talked to in Kulalampur or wherever said it was sent back out today, but then said they had only received it monday.  He had no farging clue, i'm just hoping that Carrier Tracking # is saying its being sent back today
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: SunMo on September 12, 2007, 09:05:52 PM
Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on September 12, 2007, 08:58:28 PM

i had that message when they knew they were getting it, once they got it, the message changed to "Device Received at Service Center" it's been that way for about a week now

SunMo

if you get yours back before me i'm driving down to elkton and smashing it with a hammer

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: SunMo on September 12, 2007, 09:10:14 PM
if you get yours back before me i'm driving down to elkton and smashing it with a hammer
Dude, thats ghey  :-D   If i do thats farged up, but i'm not complaining.  My Serial # changed according to the site so maybe they just gave me a new one, or are just farging with me.  Check under the Review your repair status to see what date or info is in that Carrier Tracking # spot

SunMo

it's still the old ups info from when they sent me the empty box