Video game thread

Started by mussa, March 15, 2005, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quasimoto

I won't be able to play until tomorrow afternoon since I won't get off until 5am and I'll be resting until like 1 or 2pm. 

I only played one game and I wasn't really impressed either way.   EA needs competition and they won't get it unless they lose their NFL License

Zanshin

I'd feel worse about it...but it's still better than last year by a good bit.  I still think the PS2 version from a couple of years ago had it about right.  Then again, I did just beat a Cowboys fan 90-7, so I don't hate it as much as I sometimes do ;).

SunMo

i knew i should've waited a few weeks and gotten your guys' reviews before i bought it...farg me
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Zanshin

It's still much better than it was, and still worth having.

MURP

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: MURP on August 27, 2007, 11:33:42 PM
:-D

http://www.bsams.net/front-page/2007/8/27/someone-took-bio-shock-to-seriously.html

QuotePage Not Found
The page /front-page/2007/8/27/someone-took-bio-shock-to-seriously.html could not be located on this website.

We recommend using the navigation bar to get back on track within our site. If you feel you have reached this page in error, please contact a site operator. Thank you!

Return to the Front Page »

mussa

Zone coverage in madden 08 is almost useless...somehow a good receiver will always burn the CB and S no matter how deep the zone coverage is....its freakin frustrating...yet when your on offense, going deep is almost impossible with the likes of Curtis and Brown. Curtis sometimes gets free, but rarely. Passing it just about impossible. Hook routes, impossible to tell if its good to throw or not, since its all based on timing. It may look like he's in front, but CPU will jump in front somehow and pick it off. I have 5 picks and 1 TD with McNabb 3 games deep in franchise...QB rating of about 40.0 with 40% completion rating, hah!

Did I mention I am playing on All-Pro level with computer sliders down also.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

The BIGSTUD

Gotta step up, this is the big liggs.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

Zanshin

Quote from: mussa on August 28, 2007, 11:56:25 AM
Zone coverage in madden 08 is almost useless...somehow a good receiver will always burn the CB and S no matter how deep the zone coverage is....its freakin frustrating...yet when your on offense, going deep is almost impossible with the likes of Curtis and Brown. Curtis sometimes gets free, but rarely. Passing it just about impossible. Hook routes, impossible to tell if its good to throw or not, since its all based on timing. It may look like he's in front, but CPU will jump in front somehow and pick it off. I have 5 picks and 1 TD with McNabb 3 games deep in franchise...QB rating of about 40.0 with 40% completion rating, hah!

Geez, it's not THAT tough.

MURP

Quote from: SD_Eagle on August 28, 2007, 09:44:10 AM
Quote from: MURP on August 27, 2007, 11:33:42 PM
:-D

http://www.bsams.net/front-page/2007/8/27/someone-took-bio-shock-to-seriously.html

QuotePage Not Found
The page /front-page/2007/8/27/someone-took-bio-shock-to-seriously.html could not be located on this website.

We recommend using the navigation bar to get back on track within our site. If you feel you have reached this page in error, please contact a site operator. Thank you!

Return to the Front Page »

damn.  looks like that page got killed.

rjs246

Quote from: MURP on August 28, 2007, 11:16:26 PM

I'm going to let you all figure out why you can't access that page. And I'm going to guess that most of you won't ever figure it out....

Needless to say, I am able to see that page just fine.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

MURP

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Zanshin

Quote from: rjs246 on August 28, 2007, 11:18:23 PM
Quote from: MURP on August 28, 2007, 11:16:26 PM

I'm going to let you all figure out why you can't access that page. And I'm going to guess that most of you won't ever figure it out....

Needless to say, I am able to see that page just fine.

Me not know what you tawk about.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: Zanshin on August 28, 2007, 07:15:39 PM
Quote from: mussa on August 28, 2007, 11:56:25 AM

Geez, it's not THAT tough.
Mussa, the main difference is you need to do directional passing with the left stick.  Your receivers will make up the difference in the pass placement, so if your guy is running a route to the right, then use the left stick and move it slightly to the right.  NCAA didnt have that this year, Madden does, it just takes a little while to get used to it.
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons