Video game thread

Started by mussa, March 15, 2005, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mussa

Quote from: MURP on August 15, 2007, 08:09:25 PM
Quote from: mussa on August 15, 2007, 01:50:21 PM
Good idea! I have to create him

why the farg isnt he in the game to begin with?

yea...jeremy bloom isn't either...i created him. there is only room for, i think, 54 man rosters. thats a big gripe i have...they need to have practice squads...and larger rosters...more realistic w/ nfl
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Diomedes

Quote from: MURP on August 15, 2007, 08:09:25 PMwhy the farg isnt he in the game to begin with?

Quote from: MDS on August 15, 2007, 08:15:47 PMmost 7th round picks arent.

You didn't answer the question.  What's so farging hard about including the seventh round guys?  The deadline for getting into the game happens before the draft ends??
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PoopyfaceMcGee

mussa did, however, answer the question.  The Madden programming only allows for 54 or 55 guys on the roster... so usually they leave off the later-round picks and other fringe guys.

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: FastFreddie on August 16, 2007, 08:54:35 AM
leave off the later-round picks and other fringe guys.

Needless to say, but Nasty Nate probably isn't waiting in line to buy him sum new Madden.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

PoopyfaceMcGee

He's actually sprinting to the EB Games around the corner to buy it, but it looks like he's waiting in line.

PhillyPhanInDC

Silence. He's a bowling ball. He's going to be a stud.

It would be kind of fun to make a powerback in Madden that was 4'2" and 260lbs. I'd also give him 100 speed, etc.

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Zanshin

The next roster update usually takes care of the stragglers.  I'm sure Bloom will be in the next release.

I've played more Madden on the 360, and I still think it's a vast improvment over last year.  Much, much better.  The gameplay is far more responsive, and the animations are more lifelike.  They seriously improved the physics of the game.  If anyone was holding off on getting it because the last version sucked, I'd say that this would be a good purchase.

mussa

I want to also add that its harder than past versions. Maybe its just getting used to 360 controllers, but I've been struggling quite a bit against computer...
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Zanshin

They've definitely made the secondary AI smarter.  Throwing deep and hitting those corner routes isn't the gimme it was before.

mussa

I just got romped 0-35 to GB. No matter how I switched it up, nothing worked...I even took CPU's sliders down after 2nd half...didn't even matter...

The BIGSTUD

Anyone check out the BioShock demo yet?

Good stuff.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

Zanshin

Quote from: mussa on August 16, 2007, 02:01:49 PM
I just got romped 0-35 to GB. No matter how I switched it up, nothing worked...I even took CPU's sliders down after 2nd half...didn't even matter...

lol...I hope the rest of your night went according to plan.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: mussa on August 16, 2007, 02:01:49 PM

Obviously, you don't play enough video games.  You should spend a little less time on your advanced coursework and academia.

SunMo

Quote from: FastFreddie on August 16, 2007, 02:43:06 PM

Obviously, you don't play enough video games.  You should spend a little less time on your advanced coursework and academia.

hearty LOL on that one.

see kids, if FF can do it, you can too
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

MDS

Had one of those "no effin way games" against the Giants. 27-14 loss. I play on all madden, so sometimes it's just not gonna happen. Westbrook did juke the living farg out of Sam Madison though on one td run.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.