Video game thread

Started by mussa, March 15, 2005, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phattymatty

Wingspan

Quote from: phattymatty on March 15, 2007, 09:50:29 AM
any of you dudes that have a Wii, give me your console numbers so we can be Wii friends.

i'm picking up Tiger Woods 07 today, that shtein looks fun.

I've been debating on Tiger Woods 07 or SSX Blur for a few days. Although, between Trauma Center and Madden, both of those are keeping my interest.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

phattymatty

i haven't played Trauma center.  it's fun?  but yeah i'm still loving madden.

Beermonkey

Quote from: Diomedes on March 15, 2007, 10:12:52 AM
Quote from: phattymatty on March 15, 2007, 09:57:35 AM
you're right, packing that thing up will be next to impossible.

yeah, that would be a problem.  not to mention I don't have a TV to plug it into...

I have a very nice Sony Trinitron you can have at a bargain.

Seabiscuit36

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles just came out yesterday on xbox live for the 360!  Its the nintendo version from '89
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SunMo

i beat Rainbow Six Vegas, it was an awesome game.  i think i'm going to try out Ghost Recon 2 next.

i also bought MLB 2K7 which is pretty cool.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Wingspan

Quote from: phattymatty on March 15, 2007, 11:15:18 AM
i haven't played Trauma center.  it's fun?  but yeah i'm still loving madden.

I like it. It's a puzzle game more than anything. I skip past the stories at this point. It really helps getting the coordination down from both hands of the controls.

It's pretty fast paced and sometimes infuriating, but addicting. To me anyway.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

mussa

played  ps3, resistance fall of man , just 2 player head to head. pretty awesome. much easier to get used to being a ps2 player. nice graphics, crazy sound effects. also played the off road racing game for ps3, can't remember the name. pretty cool, challenging. can't wait to see when they start making games that can really take advantage of the ps3/
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: SunMo on March 15, 2007, 11:26:46 AM
i beat Rainbow Six Vegas, it was an awesome game.  i think i'm going to try out Ghost Recon 2 next.

i also bought MLB 2K7 which is pretty cool.
Let me know how you like GWAR 2, first one was good but difficult. Might pick up Rainbow 6 if I can find it at a decent price.
I replayed GOW on Hardcore and beat it. Its just as easy and short but the end boss is a little harder.

Zanshin

I'll throw this out there to anyone who has a thought about it:

Suddenly, my PS2 stopped being able to connect online.  No idea why.  So, I deleted the online configuration, and tried to do a new one.  For some reason, the "auto detect" options are no longer working (it used to).  When I input the IP and DNS information manually, I'm able to successfully complete the online test on the config screen, but when I try to use Madden online, I get hung up at the DNAS screen, and finally get a -603 network error.

I called Sony and EA, and they were useless.  Told me to open ports, blah, blah, blah (which I never had to do before); trying that also didn't work.  Same result.  -603 error.

I even reset my router (linksys) to the default settings to scope it out, and no dice.

Anyone here have any ideas?

phattymatty

you can download all the old school nintendo games on the wii and tecmo bowl just came out this week.  $5.  i don't know if it uses the motion sensors though, it's probably just a regular remote.

The BIGSTUD

Quote from: mussa on March 15, 2007, 11:28:57 AM
played  ps3, resistance fall of man , just 2 player head to head. pretty awesome. much easier to get used to being a ps2 player. nice graphics, crazy sound effects. also played the off road racing game for ps3, can't remember the name. pretty cool, challenging. can't wait to see when they start making games that can really take advantage of the ps3/

Resistance is really fun online. Glitchers are starting to get out of control though.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

mussa

Quote from: phattymatty on March 15, 2007, 03:07:50 PM
you can download all the old school nintendo games on the wii and tecmo bowl just came out this week.  $5.  i don't know if it uses the motion sensors though, it's probably just a regular remote.

what@! oh im buying a wii now
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Feva

Quote from: Beermonkey on March 15, 2007, 10:01:04 AM
Quote from: EagleFeva on March 14, 2007, 12:19:20 AM
Quote from: mussa on March 13, 2007, 11:45:39 PM
so how is it Feva?

In-farging-credible.

I picked up GOW 2 last night & played it until 1:00 & am very, very happy.

In the the first 30 or so minutes of the game, you're fighting a 200 ft tall statue, banging 2 large-breasted girls in a bath & getting a glimpse of what I thought was shaved hoo hoo during a cut scene.

:cfhead :cfhead :cfhead :cfhead

If it wasn't for my job getting in the way, I'd have beaten this thing by now.  I told Mrs. Feva when I bought the game, I was gonna be useless around the house for a while and dammit, I'm living up to my word.

The game just keeps getting better and better.  I just had a battle with "kid" Icarus (which was tight as hell)... and have plummeted underneath the Earth which happens to be resting on Atlas' shoulders.

Incredible game.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Beermonkey

Quote from: EagleFeva on March 15, 2007, 08:06:33 PM
If it wasn't for my job getting in the way, I'd have beaten this thing by now.  I told Mrs. Feva when I bought the game, I was gonna be useless around the house for a while and dammit, I'm living up to my word.

The game just keeps getting better and better.  I just had a battle with "kid" Icarus (which was tight as hell)... and have plummeted underneath the Earth which happens to be resting on Atlas' shoulders.

Incredible game.

I've played it until 1:00 am the last 2 nights & I feel like I'm a frigging high school kid. I'm more of a child than my 9 & 11 year olds.

I got to the part where you have to fight the "Horse Keeper" last night. I was literally like a retard staring at a ferris wheel when you beat him & get to smash his head repeatedly between two doors.  :drool