Video game thread

Started by mussa, March 15, 2005, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mussa

rented star wars battle front 2 the other night. have not had a chance to play it yet.  im off this week so i'll prob get into a game at some point.  i think i remember a few of u guys playing it and liking it.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Philly Forever on March 06, 2006, 11:52:55 PM
The weapon part will be taken care of in due time. You get a pretty decent sized assortment.

Once you get a certain gun, the game gets a lot more fun, because the gun is so awesome. You get it at the end of the water vehicle part of the game.

I thoroughly enjoyed up to the part where you are in the game, but I will say it does get better as it goes along IMO.

Okay, I'll admit, it's getting a little bit better since I got he Magnet gun. Still reminds me a little too much of Doom.

Quote from: mussa on March 07, 2006, 12:05:13 PM
rented star wars battle front 2 the other night. have not had a chance to play it yet. im off this week so i'll prob get into a game at some point. i think i remember a few of u guys playing it and liking it.

Battlefront 2 is awesome. Much better than 1, and there's also a campaign which is short but sweet. You get to play as many different Jedi/Sith Lords, and also get to play as Boba/Jango Fett, Han, and Leia. Make sure you explore all the worlds and get to play as many different special characters as possible. Darth Maul is a madman, you can annihilate the entire clone army without any help.

SunMo

my only problem with Battlefront 2 is that the space battles are repetitive
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

mussa

i just played one game.  it sucks.
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Sun_Mo on March 07, 2006, 01:47:26 PM
my only problem with Battlefront 2 is that the space battles are repetitive

I stayed away from the space battles.

Quote from: mussa on March 07, 2006, 02:23:58 PM
i just played one game. it sucks.

Really? What didn't you like about it?

mussa

everything...seems very complicated

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: mussa on March 07, 2006, 03:29:14 PM
everything...seems very complicated

Complicated? Are you serious?  :-D

SunMo

the very first mission can be a little overwhelming if you've never played before, but you get the hang of it after that.

Phanatic

I just borrowed a buddy of mine's copy of MOO II (Masters of Orion II). It is old but a classic. I'm kind of interested in Galactic Civ II as it looks to be interesting and is in the same category.

http://www.galciv2.com/
This post is brought to you by Alcohol!

mussa

yea i did training to learn some stuff, just wasn't all that.  i'l give it another shot.  BLACK has got my attention too much right now. 

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Philly Forever on March 06, 2006, 11:32:26 PM
What specifically don't you like about it so far though.

Even though the part you are on was a little long and annoying to me, the action is still fun, the environments are very open, cool, and fun to explore, and it has a good story for a FPS. Usually FPS don't have very much of a story.

Okay, you were right, this game is awesome. Definitely one of the best FPS I ever played.

SunMo

Fight Night Round 3 is cool.  I'm glad I'm renting it though, because I have it until Sunday and I'm pretty sure that I will be done playing it by then.

The BIGSTUD

Quote from: SD_Eagle on March 09, 2006, 01:23:31 PM
Quote from: Philly Forever on March 06, 2006, 11:32:26 PM
What specifically don't you like about it so far though.

Even though the part you are on was a little long and annoying to me, the action is still fun, the environments are very open, cool, and fun to explore, and it has a good story for a FPS. Usually FPS don't have very much of a story.

Okay, you were right, this game is awesome. Definitely one of the best FPS I ever played.

Was that sarcasm?
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

SD_Eagle5

Not at all, I love this game. Glad I stuck with it. Ranks as one of my favorite FPS ever.

The BIGSTUD

Glad to see you like it. I loved the game. What part are you at? There are certain tall mechanical enemies you fight with the rocket launcher that are a lot of fun to fight.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.