Video game thread

Started by mussa, March 15, 2005, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

Quote from: Diomedes on February 26, 2006, 09:56:24 PM

Fight Night  and Fight Night Round Two were awesome games.  The control system was a challenge at first, but I stuck with it and really grew to like it.  One of the best uses of the joysticks I've ever used in a game.  Once you get it, you can really move the dude on the screen like a real boxer.  Well, a lot more like one than any other boxing game I ever played.  I won't buy Round 3 until I can get it used AND less than $25, because that's my rule on console games.  But I'm itching to play it.

i cheated and re-config'd the controller so i could throw jabs and hooks with the buttons, only the upper cuts required the right analog.  i did it mostly to help with the training, but it's fun to cheat.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Diomedes

You're only cheating yourself.  The flow of the game really is accented by the joystick controls, especially when combing with the shoulder buttons for blocking/parrying and leaning in/out.  You can load a punch nicely just by the way you move your body prior to the punch, even without throwing a haymaker.  It's awful slick.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

mussa

I gave up on fight night and bought BLACK. The game is awesome. You can blow away-apart anything.  My only gripes is that there is no multi-player mode, no 2 player mode. Other than that. Fan-fargin-tastic.  Intense! So far 4/5, only because of the game modes.

HOLLERRRRR
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

The BIGSTUD

I really wanted Black but decided not to buy it. I heard it's only like 5 hours long and to me that's a waste of $40. There are a few games coming out late this month that I'm saving for. Been a long time since I've bought a game.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

mussa

i think u have your games mixed up.

i just got done playing the longest ive tried yet.  i almost played 4 hrs. i beat 2 levels.  and its on the easy setting. one mission took me alittle over and hour and the next took me 1hr and 45. course i could of gone through the level with reckless abandon, but i would of died more than i did. i like going through slow.  i died once.  the levels are huge.  its the most intense/realistic 1st person i have played yet.  the bad guys have armor, takes about 5-6 bullets to kill a guy.  best either to just unload or go for the head shot. 

another cool aspect of the game is it has a storyline and between missions, it has real actors and still photos and or scenery.  very cool, very much like a movie.  the sounds in the game are so realistic, down to wind, or creaking noises. 

i change my mind, regardless of no multi-player option, this game is a 5.  RENT OR BUY IT.

Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

MURP

Quote from: Philly Forever on March 03, 2006, 01:43:13 AM
I really wanted Black but decided not to buy it. I heard it's only like 5 hours long and to me that's a waste of $40. There are a few games coming out late this month that I'm saving for. Been a long time since I've bought a game.

sounds like a good one to purchase, beat, and sell on ebay right away and make your money back. 

SunMo

i reached a point last night where the Flyers game was boring, and there was nothing else to watch, so I wanted to play a game.  but as i looked at my games I realized i was bored with every single one.  i guess i need to get a new one.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Sun_Mo on March 03, 2006, 09:06:16 AM
i reached a point last night where the Flyers game was boring, and there was nothing else to watch, so I wanted to play a game.  but as i looked at my games I realized i was bored with every single one.  i guess i need to get a new one.

I couldn't imagine my wife allowing me much peaceful time to play video games if we had 3 kids.  As it is, you have to play zone defense instead of man-to-man.  Does she excel at juggling?

SunMo

dude, it's not that bad.  first of all she works 5 nights a week, so it's just me and the kids during that time.  the twins are in bed by 8pm and my other daughter can entertain herself.  i have almost every night to do what i want, be it video games, movies, sports, etc...

hunt

no shtein....we only have 1 kid & i'm lucky if i get to play ps2 one hour a week.
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: hunt on March 03, 2006, 12:32:03 PM
no shtein....we only have 1 kid & i'm lucky if i get to play ps2 one hour a week.

I guess it might be different if your wife worked nights.  But the only way that would be OK would be if I really hated my wife and didn't mind never seeing her at all.  Unfortunately, I don't hate her.  So, I guess I should just sell my PS2 and all the games if I knock her up?

SunMo

Quote from: FFatPatt on March 03, 2006, 12:35:10 PM
So, I guess I should just sell my PS2 and all the games if I knock her up?

only if you plan on being a whipped bitch.

phattymatty

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: phattymatty on March 03, 2006, 12:37:24 PM
plan on?

that is incredibly accurate, it's way too late for that.

hunt

Quote from: FFatPatt on March 03, 2006, 12:35:10 PM
Quote from: hunt on March 03, 2006, 12:32:03 PM

So, I guess I should just sell my PS2 and all the games if I knock her up?

nah...maybe your kid will actually sleep once in a while.
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is