Video game thread

Started by mussa, March 15, 2005, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

SD, its better than Gears imo.  The tactical shooting is awsome.  It has the best Crouching i've ever seen. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SD_Eagle5

Is it buy worthy or rent worthy?

Seabiscuit36

Definitely buy worthy.  Its not as tactical as previous R6 games so it has a fun feel to it, but not as arcadey as Gears.  Rent it, if you like it i would buy it.  I think the demo is still available on XBL, but i can tell you the controls are much better on the game than the demo, or at least the demo i played in december. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SunMo

buy, buy, buy

i made the mistake of playing Rainbow first, then playing GRAW...it's not even close.  i immediately stopped playing GOW once i got Rainbow.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

SD_Eagle5

farg it I'll buy it today

Munson

Meh, nothing compares to Gears of War. The only thing that could have been better about it was the length of the story, way too short. Hopefully if(when) GOW2 comes out, it takes longer then 8-12 hours to beat.

I was owning people online in it for awhile as Mode4564 on my friends 360 but it broke....damn it. People sure do hate when you sneak up on them with the chainsaw gun though....
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Dillen

I've been playing Need For Speed - Most Wanted for awhile. I love that game.

SunMo

there are more things that limit GOW than just the length...the weapons are limited, the enemies are limited....all in all, Rainbow 6 is a much better game.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

mussa

anyone play lost planet? looks awesome

i just raced some dude in forza and he smoked me. i got a crap golf gti and he had a suped up subaru wrx. very cool game

anyone here play perfect dark? send me your gamertag if so...
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

SD_Eagle5

Haven't played Lost Planet but from what I gather its either people love it or hate it.

Grabbed a couple games that were collecting dust and traded them in at Game Stop for Rainbow 6 LV.

Transformers is coming out on the 26th, movie games always suck but the chance to play as Optimus or Megatron (there's a good path and bad path) might be too hard to pass up.

Seabiscuit36

Lost Planet kind of stinks i thought from the demo.  The Graphics are unfinished so is the gameplay.  From people i know who have it, they love the multiplayer but the single player stinks. 

Drunkmasterflex

I just bought a 360 today at the PX, got the military appreciation pack.  It came with 3 games and some arcade thing it also came with a year free of online all for $450.  Pretty good deal because i got it on my military star card with no interest for 6 months.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

PhillyPhanInDC

The wife just got me Lost Planet for my birthday/father's day. I have GRAW and GoW already, and they fill my shooter fix. I play a lot online, and the GoW is pretty fun that way. Is Lost Planet good enough to replace one?

I was kind of thinking about MLB 07 for the 360. I want a sports game. Haven't seen much about any of them.

Is Rainbow 6 far and away a much more improved shooter than GRAW or GoW that it will be fun to play even though I'm worn out on FPS?
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

PhillyPhanInDC

Is there anywhere on the interwebs where I can buy XBox 360 games for less than 60 bones?
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Dillen

You mean like somewhere where people can put on their own items for sale, and people bid on them to get them at lower prices than normal retail? Nah.